The largest business and financial news site in the world, with unrivaled access to data, insights and original editorial content.
About Yahoo Finance
At Yahoo Finance, we power experiences for millions of users globally every month and remain the clear leader in our category. Our systems scale to processing 5 billion market events per day from over 80 global exchanges. We are the largest business and financial information and tools app/site in the world, with unrivaled access to data, insights, tools and original editorial content.
You are a bright, creative college student eager to support and be a part of the Yahoo Finance distribution team, responsible for taking our Yahoo Finance editorial text, video, and graphical content and distributing to our owned and third-party platforms . You have a passion for learning and a love of media, with particular interest in news, finance and journalism. You are professional and hardworking, with superior organization and time management skills. You’re ready to work in a fast-paced ‘virtual’ newsroom. You’ll work on a variety of projects with all members of our team, including writers, reporters, editors and video producers, with a special emphasis on graphics production and copy editing.
Responsibilities may include:
• attend team’s editorial or strategy meetings
• create thumbnails for YouTube videos or other video and social platforms
• assist with production or distribution of video content in CMS, on YouTube, Twitter, or other platforms
• help with social media promotion
• proofread/copy edit and fact check scripts, articles, video headlines and descriptions
• assist video producers on field shoots
• pitch, report and write your own articles and/or scripts
• assist in the creation of static graphics
• working toward a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
• excellent written and verbal communication skills
• prior journalism experience at local (can be a student publication) or national media outlet
• passion for current events, journalism, and finance
• experience with content management systems
• proficiency in photo editing software, like Adobe Photoshop, and video editing software, like Adobe Premiere
• familiarity with social media, with an emphasis on YouTube, but also Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok
• experience creating and copy editing content with a focus on accuracy
• self-starter with ability to thrive in a remote working environment
Yahoo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Yahoo is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form (www.yahooinc.com/careers/contact-us.html) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
At Yahoo, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion (www.yahooinc.com/diversity/) page to learn more.
US Only: Please be aware that Yahoo requires all employees entering a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events) are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain and show proof of a vaccination to enter a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events). Yahoo is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
The compensation for this position ranges from $45,760.00 - $135,200.00/yr and will vary depending on factors such as your location, skills and experience. The compensation package may also include incentive compensation opportunities in the form of discretionary annual bonus or commissions, in addition to equity incentives. Yahoo provides industry-leading benefits including healthcare, 401K savings plan, company holidays, vacation, sick time, parental leave and an employee assistance program. Eligibility requirements apply.
Yahoo has a high degree of flexibility around employee location and hybrid working. In fact, our flexible-hybrid approach to work is one of the things our employees rave about. Most roles don’t require specific regular patterns of in-person office attendance. If you join Yahoo, you may be asked to attend (or travel to attend) on-site work sessions, team-building, or other in-person events. When these occur, you’ll be given notice to make arrangements.
If you’re curious about how this factors into this role, please discuss with the recruiter.
Currently work for Yahoo? Please apply on our internal career site.