Senior Software Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
San Francisco, CA, USA
- Experience building and leading high-performing teams
- 8+ years of experience
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and deriving requirements from cross-functional conversation and collaboration
- Experience with C/C++, Python, or other high-level object-oriented programming language(s)
- Experience with system level architecture and big data design, and SQL databases in particular
- Cloud development using Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Highly motivated, self-starting, and able to perform duties autonomously without supervision
- Don't meet them all? Not a problem. Please apply even if you do not meet all these criteria
- Lead the design, build, and implementation of our ground software system for GEOSat-1
- Work closely with our operations and satellite teams to build command interfaces and telemetry screens that enable safe, efficient, and elegant command and control of our satellite throughout its mission
- Design high-performance, reliable, mission-critical software that sends commands to space!
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to define software requirements, architectures, and designs
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring additional teammates to our rapidly-growing team
- Experience developing proprietary/commercial or open source satellite operations software (e.g., COSMOS, Major Tom)
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with Distributed Systems
- Experience in satellite operations
- Experience with tools such as JIRA, Jenkins, and Docker
- Experience with NoSQL databases
Next generation internet satellites
Astranis' mission is to help get online the 4 billion people who are without internet access.
- An equity stake in the company.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Unlimited vacation days.
- Healthy, delicious, free lunch catered in every day.
- Complementary OneMedical membership.
- Great office chairs, stand-up desks, and a machine shop.
- Reimbursement to spend on commuting from outside SF
- Generous, fully-paid parental leave.
- Master Your Craft - We take pride in our work and go the extra mile.
- Step Up - We are unapologetically ambitious and take on great responsibility.
- Assume Good - We assume the best of intentions and communicate with kindness and candor.
- Stay Curious - We seek out new knowledge and are happy to teach others what we know.
- Space is Hard - We are resilient in the face of adversity and get help when needed.
- Take the Time - We level up not just at work but beyond — mind, body, spirit, family, community.