Staff Security Engineer
Threat Hunt & Research, L4
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Remote • United States
- To comply with Executive Order 14042, all Twilio employees working in the U.S. are required to submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation / exemption. Employees onboarded after January 4, 2022 must submit proof of vaccination or receive approval for an exemption prior to their Twilio start date
- 5-7 years of experience at the sharp end of cyber security, including at least 2 years experience identifying, investigating, and mitigating or exploiting (legally) cyber security threats or vulnerabilities
- Experience conducting proactive technical investigations and response to threats across the full spectrum of adversary capabilities, from everyday, through cybercriminal, to Advanced Persistent Threat (APT)
- Understands the range of security controls that can be leveraged against attackers
- A passion for finding the signal in the noise! Confident analyzing and interpreting log files from various sources, including endpoints, network devices, applications, and cloud services
- Experience applying some formal analytical methods and data analysis techniques to investigations to maximize robustness, completeness, and correctness
- Knowledge of, and experience applying, multiple models of threat actor behavior, such as the MITRE ATT&CK Framework, Cyber Kill Chain, Diamond Model, and Adversary Lifecycle Analysis
- Ability to provide adversary mitigation recommendations and to present executive-level recommendations in light of novel and technically complicated attack scenarios
- Ability to demonstrate extensive knowledge of relevant technical cyber security subjects through any combination of formal education awards, professional certifications, conference presentations, published technical papers, unpublished primary research, contributions to the infosec community or open source software, authoritative personal recommendations, or similar
- BE AN OWNER: Subject matter expert on logs to enable Twilio to query, process and manipulate in a variety of platforms and formats
- DRAW THE OWL: Proactively hunt for threats and vulnerabilities from various angles and disciplines including social media and the dark web
- NO SHENANIGANS: Conduct in-depth research in security and big data technologies to identify trends, best practices, and potential gaps in security
- DON'T SETTLE: Identify credible, new intelligence and subject matter resources relative to current/emerging threats
- BE INCLUSIVE: Support projects via engineering, testing, implementation, and integration
- Python, SQL experience
Customer engagement platform & developer of communications APIs
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
- Vacation: Twilio offers generous annual time off in all countries for you to enjoy.
- Healthcare: We are dedicated to helping our employees live longer and healthier lives through comprehensive health programs.
- Retirement: Twilio cares about your retirement! We offer programs to help our employees plan for their retirement needs.
- Family leave: At Twilio we recognize the importance of family. We offer generous maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves, as well as family medical care leave.
- Earn your stripes: Build and present a Twilio app to earn your Twilio track jacket and receive $30 per month for e‑books for continued learning and education.
- Catered meals: We provide a variety of snacks, drinks, and catered meals in each of our locations.
- Build a more‑connected world
- Be great, do good, scale fast
- The work of our lives