Role: Data Scientist, Research
Reports to:Director of Infrastructure
Location:Remote, United States (US)
Help us Shape the Future of Data
Anaconda is the world’s most popular data science platform. With more than 30 million users, the open source Anaconda Distribution is the easiest way to do data science and machine learning. We pioneered the use of Python for data science, champion its vibrant community, and continue to steward open-source projects that make tomorrow’s innovations possible. Our enterprise-grade solutions enable corporate, research, and academic institutions around the world to harness the power of open source for competitive advantage and groundbreaking research.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of enterprise machine learning, and data science. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture of ability and humility and an environment that is both relaxed and focused. We stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open-source users, and each other.
Here is why people love most about working here: We’re not just a company, we’re part of a movement. Our dedicated employees and user community are democratizing data science and creating and promoting open-source technologies for a better world, and our commercial offerings make it possible for enterprise users to leverage the most innovative output from open source in a secure, governed way.
Anaconda is seeking a Data Scientist, Research to join our rapidly-growing company. This is an excellent opportunity for you to leverage your experience and skills and apply it to the world of data science and machine learning.
What You’ll Do:
- Act as the primary point of contact for teams across the company with data analysis questions
- Facilitate resolutions for data interpretation questions that come in from across the company
- Help teams select the best data source and evaluate the data in context for their specific questions
- Create self-service documentation on data sources and data interpretation to improve data literacy across the whole company
- Turn broad business questions into quantitative measurements and analysis
- Communicate findings and insights to non-technical stakeholders in a clear and concise manner
- Stay up-to-date with emerging data analysis tools, techniques, and trends
- Collaborate with data scientists and data engineers to optimize data workflows and ensure data accuracy
- Actively participate in data governance and quality control initiatives
- Build dashboards and enable others to build their own
- Develop and implement models such as churn prediction, MAU forecast, and subscription prediction to enhance revenue growth and customer retention
What You Need:
- Proficient in Python and SQL for data analysis.
- Ability to work collaboratively with many stakeholders across the organization.
- Willingness to become an expert on the dashboarding and reporting tools in use.
- Excellent communication skills to clearly present findings and insights to non-technical stakeholders.
- Scientific mindset with the ability to explore data, formulate and test hypotheses, and turn vague questions into concrete measurements with well-documented limitations.
- Embody our core values:
- Ability & Humility
- Innovation & Action
- Empathy & Connection
- Care deeply about fostering an environment where people of all backgrounds and experiences can flourish
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Proficient in Snowflake, Metabase, and/or Google Analytics
- Familiarity with Airbyte, Prefect, and AWS primitives
Why You’ll Like Working Here:
- Unique opportunity to translate strong open source adoption and user enthusiasm into commercial product growth
- Dynamic company that rewards high performers
- On the cutting edge of enterprise application of data science, machine learning and AI
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and clear thinking
- Employees-first culture
- Flexible working hours
- Medical*, Dental*, Vision*, HSA*, Life* and 401K*
- Health and Remote working reimbursement
- Paid parental leave - both parents
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Open vacation policy* and monthly company days off known as Snake Days
- 100% remote and flexible working policy – we embrace this fully through how we operate as a company.
*FTE employees based on your region
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.