Posted on 7/13/2022
Seattle, WA, USA • Fremont, CA, USA • San Francisco, CA, USA • San Jose...
- 3+ years of product experience in UX/UI Design
- Understanding of design systems, and experience leveraging, and contributing to, design systems
- Excellent visual design skills and a high-level understanding of visual solutions for all screen sizes
- Master crafting prototypes to communicate complex design concepts to users and project partners
- Expert in using industry-standard design and prototyping tools (Figma)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, especially in a remote environment
- Experience collaborating with other designers and departments - you're comfortable taking and incorporating feedback from other team members
- A positive track record of handing off buildable designs to engineering teams
- Not afraid of project or product ambiguity and willing to learn new skills
- Degree in HCI or related Design program, or proven experience in lieu of degree
- Work alongside the Observability Product Design , PM and Engineering teams to deliver complete UX workflows to solve top user needs
- Ensure design deliverables match and use the existing design system and shared engineering components
- Design thoughtful, user-centered experiences for end-to-end users journeys in Splunk Observability
- Day-to-day design on your projects with corresponding mid-senior autonomy
- Craft user workflow diagrams, prototypes, wireframes, and high-fidelity designs
- Distill and communicate technically complex use cases into easily understood concepts and design solutions
- Work with cross-functional teams throughout product development (including user research, product management, and engineering)
- Partner closely with engineering to ensure that design specifications are implemented
- Partner with user research to deeply understand user needs. Speak with users and clients frequently. Test design concepts with customers and conduct usability studies
- Partner with product managers, to solicit user input, and use it to craft product development efforts
- Experience working in SaaS or enterprise software
- Experience in enabling highly technical users to quickly and intuitively analyze and get insights from data produced by a wide variety of services and devices
- Experience with any administration tasks in SaaS tools, user, role and responsibilities management, product deployment, get data in, and data management
- Experience and/or curiosity about defining, creating and working on a Design System
Data management & visualization platform
Splunk's mission is to address the challenges and opportunities of managing massive streams of machine-generated big data. Splunk is the leading software platform for machine data that enables customers to gain real-time Operational Intelligence.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plans for regular, full-time U.S. employees — choose the best plans for you and your family. Plus: Health Savings Account (HSA), Life insurance and survivor benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Business travel and accident insurance, Voluntary Critical Illness & Hospital Indemnity
- Eligible employees enjoy: 401(k) Plan with a company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), Equity awards, Bonus or commission program
- We support you and your family: Paid parental leave, Mother rooms and wellness rooms, Family Planning
- Your work/life balance is important to us, that's why we offer: 16 company holidays, 15 vacation days, 10 sick days, 10 bereavement days, 5 volunteer days
- Ensuring our employees' success goes beyond insurance plans: Education reimbursement, Electric car charging stations, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Stocked kitchens, Gym discounts/onsite fitness centers, Pet insurance discount, Student loan resources, Cool workspace with collaborative environments, 529 College Savings Plan
Company Core Values
- Innovative: We’re passionate about our customer success. We keep our energy laser-focused on giving our customers the best possible and most trustworthy experience, driven ultimately by integrity. After all, we’d be nothing without them.
- Open: We never stop learning or striving to create a positive impact. The work we do matters. We innovate at warp speed to disrupt the world's notion of what’s possible.
- Disruptive: We are humble and value openness and honesty. We speak our truths mindfully and in consideration of others. Candor is cool - respect is required.
- Fun: We embrace the ride (preferably in a Splunk t-shirt). We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. We weave an irreverent and infectious sense of fun into everything we do.
- Passionate: We cultivate an inclusive environment where all backgrounds are celebrated. Striving for equity and embracing our individual uniqueness is our secret sauce. And it will only make us stronger.
- #WeAreSplunk: We represent many functions and regions but are one team. We value each other's efforts and moonshot ideas. And we celebrate highs, and learn from lows, together. We trust and rely on each other. Remember: There’s no “I” in Splunk.