Software Application/Tools Engineer Intern
Posted on 2/1/2022
San Diego, CA, USA
- Bachelors' Degree in Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering, or Electrical Engineering is a must, Masters' Degree is preferred
- Good knowledge of C# programming language and multithreading programming. General knowledge of C/C++ language
- Good knowledge of cross platform programming, OOP/OOA concepts and best coding practices
- 3+ years of experience in developing a software application and developing GUI applications for Windows
- Working knowledge of Linux and RF test equipment (network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, vector signal analyzer, vector signal generator, PXI-based instrument and etc.) will be a plus
- Having experience with RF parametric testing and Power Amplifier Testing will be a plus
- Experience interfacing with various interfaces such as PXI, UART, USB, GPIB is preferred
- Ability to quickly learn and grasp new technologies
- Desire and ability to work in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Prove to be performance driven and having a proactive attitude. Passion for Application Development-- enabling others to have the best tools available
- Resourceful Achiever: self-motivated and proactive, you flex to try new approaches and creatively solve problems
- Avid Learner: you thrive with challenges, seek continuous growth and improvement, and seek data to prove your hypotheses
- Devoted Professional: you are diligent and deliberate in your work, leveraging your expertise to deliver results without ego
- Thoughtful Collaborator: you build relationships across teams, offering help and welcoming ideas from others to drive work forward in an inclusive manner
- Design, implement and validate a C#/Python software application to interface with various test instrumentation hardware and product for Testing RF
- Work closely with systems and RF hardware engineers to develop a software application that meets system requirements
- Develop efficient, scalable and commercial quality software to be deployed for next generation devices
- Excellent Communication with end user including inside and outside company
One of the world's largest producers of electronic devices
Samsung's mission is to devote its talent and technology to creating superior products and services that contribute to a better global society. Samsung produces a wide range of electronic devices and is ranked as a top 10 global brand.
- Comprehensive healthcare: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee assistance program, Telehealth services
- Work life success: PTO, FlexTime, FlexPlace, FlexYourFriday
- Financial wellness: Health savings account, Flexible spending acounts, 401(k), Student loan support, Tuition assistance
- Family first: Pregnancy support, Adoption assistance program, Paid child caregiver leave, Milk stork, WINFertility
- Incentives: Fitness reimbursement, Annual physical. Preventative screenings, Lifestyle management
Company Core Values
- People: Quite simply, a company is its people. At Samsung, we’re dedicated to giving our people a wealth of opportunities to reach their full potential.
- Excellence: Everything we do at Samsung is driven by an unyielding passion for excellence and an unfaltering commitment to develop the best products and services on the market
- Change: As we have done since our foundation, we set our sights on the future, anticipating market needs and demands so we can steer our company toward long-term success.
- Integrity: Operating in an ethical way is the foundation of our business. Everything we do is guided by a moral compass that ensures fairness, respect for all stakeholders and complete transparency.
- Co-prosperity: Samsung is committed to becoming a socially and environmentally responsible corporate citizen in all of its communities worldwide.