Senior Underwriter, Financial Institutions
Posted on 2/2/2022
San Francisco, CA, USA • Dallas, TX, USA • Chicago, IL, USA • New York, NY...
- One to two years of Financial Institutions insurance experience
- Deliver excellent customer services by responding promptly to broker queries
- Highly organized with superb attention to detail
- Strong problem solving and decision making capabilities
- Customer service-oriented with the ability to work efficiently while paying close attention to detail
- Strong communication capability with good written skills and excellent verbal skills
- Adhere to company policies and practices; If they don't work, suggest an alternative
- Desire to learn about new technology and interest in commercial insurance
- College degree required
- Underwriting, producing, and binding FI business within Corvus' underwriting appetite
- Achieving premium production and sales goals while building a profitable book of FI business
- Handling a large volume of new business submissions and responding promptly to broker requests
- Acting as a representative of the company by attending external company functions, industry conferences, and other industry events
- A successful candidate will be extremely comfortable with technology and have a strong desire to join a growing team of professionals that is committed to improving P&C commercial insurance for brokers and policyholders
- Negotiating with brokers to close deals and following up outstanding quotes
- Creating a sales and marketing plan to continue a national platform focused on new business
- Working collaboratively in a team environment with underwriters, underwriting assistants and the Corvus management team
- Ensuring high quality service standards and compliance with all underwriting guidelines
Predict and prevent complex risks
Corvus' missioin is to make the world a safer place. Corvus is actively helping their policyholders to predict and prevent adverse events, as well as supplying the coverage that helps them withstand events when they do happen.
- Unlimited PTO
- Hybrid Work Environment
- Professional Development
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) Company Match
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Understand the Problem - Building a company efficiently and effectively requires a deep understanding of the root issues faced by our customers and team.
- Challenge the Status Quo - Becoming a leader in the commercial insurance industry requires questioning existing practices, thinking differently, and trying new things.
- Deliver Truth - Communicating transparently starts with honesty and the ability and avenues to convey it properly.
- Empower Everyone - Empowering people at all levels of the business allows anyone to act quickly and thoughtfully, impacting everything from customer service to software product delivery.
- Do the Right Thing - Acting with integrity fosters trust, builds reputation, and impacts all stakeholders.
- Be Proud of Insurance - Taking pride in a force for good needs no apology. You control the future of insurance.