People Operations Specialist
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
New York, NY, USA
- Clear communication - the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding
- Decision quality - makes good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward, relying on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You're an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You're curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You're committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You're honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum 3 years of directly relevant HR experience. 2+ years of leave of absence management experience strongly preferred
- Tech savvy with the ability to easily learn and use new software (G-Suite, HRIS, JIRA) and intermediate Excel skills. Highly proficient with formulas and calculations in excel
- Strong knowledge of HR-related employment laws and practices preferred
- Experience supporting Immigration processes preferred
- Excellent attention to detail, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving skill
- A customer-centric mentality that is eager to be of service
- Self-starter, highly motivated, eager, and enthusiastic to learn
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to quickly prioritize in a fast-moving environment
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Excited to thrive in a fast-paced start-up culture
- In partnership with Justworks' third party leave administrator, manage the administration and tracking of all company leaves of absence, including FMLA, parental leave, paid family leave, short term disability, sabbatical, and other federal, state and local leaves
- Serve as the primary People Operations point of contact for employees with leave inquiries, advising employees and managers on the leave process and related policies
- Act as the liaison between our third party administrator and employees when necessary for escalations, introductions, etc
- Track and manage the reasonable accommodation process for employees with requests
- Continuously keep track of new federal, state and local laws and industry trends, and spearhead changes to policy and process when needed
- Partner with the Legal team and People Business Partners to support Justworks Immigration Sponsorship program and other related Immigration activities
- Support SOC and SOX audit processes as needed
- Partner with the Manager, Benefits & People Operations and People team to continuously identify and improve People programs and processes through building SOPs and employee-facing resources
- Act as a backup to the People Operations Coordinators when necessary
- Other duties as needed based on department and/or organizational needs
Payroll and benefits facilities platform
Justworks’ mission is to help entrepreneurs and businesses grow with confidence. The company is building software for payroll, benefits, HR, and compliance.
- Health - Believe in our vision. Medical and dental, too. Get support for your mental and financial health. Beta test new benefits and perks for our platform.
- Workplace - Volunteer and get paid to give back. Take paid parental leave. Enjoy monthly team events that help turn coworkers into lifelong friends.
- Wellness - Enjoy subsidized ClassPass memberships. Take advantage of regular yoga, meditation, and other wellness programming.
- Perks - Be an owner, not an employee. Get time off whenever you need it. Take a sabbatical. Invest in your future financially and with professional learning and development opportunities.
- Camaraderie - As a growing company ourselves, we know how crucial teamwork, higher purpose, and a healthy dose of fun can be to success. We’re here to help businesses bring great people together to accomplish important things, while enjoying themselves at the same time.
- Openness - We believe in radical transparency. This means we will never charge hidden fees, we will always be upfront with what we can and cannot do, and if we're not a good fit for you, we'll help you understand who might be.
- Grit - They say when the going gets tough, the tough get going. We are a team of hardworking individuals who are building the best product there is to help your business succeed. We are here to do the hard work.
- Integrity - Without trust, there is no partnership. And without integrity, there is no trust. We will always be open with you about changes and charges. You can always reach out to us with questions, concerns or if you just want to chat about your business needs.
- Simplicity - Payroll, benefits, HR, and compliance aren't traditionally known for their simplicity. But we've made it our mission to streamline and simplify these normally complicated parts of doing business. This means an easy-to-use product for both you and your employees.