Propulsion 2nd Shift
Posted on 3/15/2023
Normal, IL, USA
- Must have good communication skills - both verbal and written
- Hands-on experience with supporting production equipment (Mechanical, electrical, control systems, automation, robotics, adhesives systems, etc. )
- Experience in using 2D & 3D Modeling tools (AutoCAD, CATIA/ENOVIA) preferred
- Experience and/or Knowledge in DOE, Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance, Torque Tooling, Error Proofing, and PFMEA preferred
- Experience and/or certification in Six Sigma DMAIC (optional), Lean Assembly Principles, Time Studies using MTM or MODAPTS
- Working knowledge in Excel, Word, Power point, and Outlook programs
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong team orientation and cross functional attitude
- Bachelor's degree in engineering discipline preferred or a combination of combined experience
- Prefer 1-3+ years engineering experience in a high-volume manufacturing operation, preferably automotive / battery manufacturing
- Ability to stand for 8-12 hours per day
- Required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Ability to lift and carry at least 25 pounds
- Ability to perform all duties in a working environment that may contain dust, high noise levels, hot and cold weather
- Coordinate engineering changes and new program launches
- Review, interpret, and summarize statistical data to drive process improvement
- Determine the 'Best Practice' process approach of material, tooling, equipment, and labor process
- Develop work instructions, standardized work, process flow, and process documentation to ensure manufacturing process is being followed
- Work with design engineering team to develop and establish a design that lends itself to high volume production while ensuring quality during the manufacturing process
- Work with manufacturing engineering team to commission and optimize next generation Module and Drive Unit assembly equipment
- Perform time analysis using a standard motion time system (MODAPTS), estimate production times, manage staffing requirements, manage labor costs, and drive line balancing
- Coordinate with team to determine and introduce optimum plant layout, equipment, tooling, and racking in Assembly to achieve maximum efficiency
- Support production teams through process and equipment related troubleshooting/continuous improvement
- Develop recovery/troubleshooting best practices and procedures for production team to increase equipment availability
- Investigate assembly issues and implement solutions by reviewing product design, established processes, and equipment/tooling effectiveness
- Kaizen, 5S, Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigma etc experience is a plus
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team