Advanced Analytics Co-Op
**This role is only eligible for current Northeastern University students**
Students will join our Business Analytics team and drive efforts to solve some of the most analytically complex questions in a fast-growing ecommerce company leveraging the trove of online data from our 35M members.
This position requires a combination of strong data exploration, business analytics, statistical and communication skills. We are looking for an innovative, positive, self-directed team player who is passionate about “figuring out” solutions to problems.
Come work in a diverse team of marketing experts, specialized analysts and data scientists who proactively look for opportunities to improve and influence the organization with data driven insights.
What You Will Do:
- Develop and deliver actionable insights that drive business impact using the wealth of our customer data which includes but not limited to channel engagement (emails, SMS, push), purchase transactions, web/app journeys and surveys.
- Collect and assemble data from a variety of sources, and provide analyses to address specific business objectives
- Uncover actionable insights from the analysis of a variety of data sources including buying behaviors, member segmentation, website behaviors, channel behaviors, and primary research results
- Help manage A/B marketing tests to drive incremental revenue for the overall business
- Create useful and useable presentations of insights to be shared at all levels of the organization
- Be able to translate complex analytics tasks into concise and easily consumable reports
Make presentations to all levels of management including executives
At Rue Gilt Groupe, diversity enriches our passion, collaboration, kindness and innovation. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every Associate is empowered to learn, grow and bring their full self to work. Even if you don’t check off every qualification in the job description, that’s okay. We encourage you to apply to any role that excites you and sparks delight! We can’t wait to learn more about you.
- Second or third co-op with GPA 3.0 or above majoring Math, Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science, Business, Economics or a related field
Comfortable using Excel and Google Sheets/Slides/Docs
- Experience writing SQL and Tableau in a classroom or work environment (coaching on best practices and data sources will be provided)
- Knowledge of descriptive statistics, hypotheses testing, R/Python packages to support data mining and statistical functions is a plus but not required
- Comfortable communicating with cross functional teams and business stakeholders
- Ability to multitask over several projects and deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Fun, energetic and collaborative personality with self-starter approach to work
Check out a testimony from our Analytics team in the article: "How Data Insights Help These Marketers Enhance Products"
Base Hourly Rate: $35.00/hr
Rue Gilt Groupe is committed to providing Associates with equal pay for equal work and carefully considers a wide range of compensation factors, including prior experience, skills and expertise, location, and internal equity. Our goal is to support, reward and compensate the entire individual. Depending on role eligibility, your offer may also include bonus/commission, equity, 401(k) match, and a variety of benefits. Therefore, final offer amounts may vary from the amount stated.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (for candidates applying to roles in our MA, NY and CA offices): Per Rue Gilt Groupe’s policy, all associates who will work at our MA, NY or CA offices must be fully-vaccinated and proof of vaccination will be required.
Rue Gilt Groupe is a leading off-price e-commerce portfolio company, connecting the next-generation shopper to world-class brands. We’ve defined the online treasure hunt through our daily sale events allowing a large, loyal member base to discover over 5,000 premium and luxury brands at prices up to 70% off full-price retail.
Rue Gilt Groupe operates three complementary sites – Rue La La, Gilt, and Shop Premium Outlets.
Our vision at RGG is to spark delight through daily discovery – we make shopping an occasion to celebrate. At the forefront of fashion and technology, we’re also in the business of sparking delight for our Associates. We inspire each other, our Members, and ourselves to push past the expected – every day. Our culture is rooted in our values and together we work to demonstrate being Kind, Passionate, Collaborative, Innovative, Tenacious and Empowered
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other