Director – Engineering
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
- You are a collaborator. You build and maintain strong, productive working relationships with internal stakeholders and external customers
- You are an engineer at heart. You have a strong sense of architectural patterns (and anti-patterns) and deep knowledge of what it takes to get complex projects shipped
- You are a coach. You derive deep satisfaction in helping engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers
- You lead by example. You get on the front lines to understand your team's strengths and weaknesses and are able to set the right context and scope for excellent teamwork
- You have an eye for talent. You've successfully recruited great people to your teams
- You have a bias to action. You know that perfect is the enemy of good, and can guide teams toward measurable, iterative improvement
- You are empathetic. You create inclusive teams and seek to understand how individuals' unique backgrounds complement each other and build collective greatness
- 5+ years managing software engineering teams
- 7+ years of industry experience delivering high-quality code to production
- Experience integrating with or building healthcare systems
- Owning full product lifecycle including providing direction and support to product owners and project managers
- Experience managing budgets for technology teams
- Experience managing teams distributed across several time zones, including offshore teams
- Deep knowledge of OOAD fundamentals, and familiarity with both monolithic and microservices architecture
- Strong understanding of how to deliver value incrementally and nimbly
- Strong understanding of common architectural patterns and frameworks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills - able to influence at all levels
- Strong analytical, architectural and critical thinking skills
- Drive key technical and systems design decisions for large initiatives, representing your team in conversations with senior leadership and technical leaders
- Facilitate breaking down business problems into actionable requirements for your teams
- Partner with business and product managers and technical leadership to establish a shared vision and define quarterly roadmaps
- Develop and coach software engineers, ensuring a high level of performance and professional growth within a remote-first organization
- With engineering leadership, define and instill standard methodologies for platform management and engineering excellence (automation, monitoring, quality assurance, efficiency, and productivity)
- Guide and improve the SDLC within your teams, ensuring clear processes that align engineers and optimize team efficiency
- As hiring manager, shape the interview process for your teams, and define and hit hiring targets. Partner closely with recruiting on sourcing strategies, interviewing, closing, and onboarding
Virtual behavioral healthcare
AbleTo wants to empower people to get better and stay better. At AbleTo, they're solving the biggest problems in behavioral health: ensuring access to care and upholding impeccable quality.
- Progressive parental leave - A most modern benefit so both new mothers and fathers can bond as a family.
- Fully-funded HRA - You and your family’s health are important to us, so we fund a generous HRA that fully covers most deductibles.
- Creative lifestyle benefits - Enjoy discounts on entertainment and travel, as well as complimentary fitness classes and spa treatments for you and your family.
- Generous time off - We encourage individual holiday traditions and work-life balance, so in addition to corporate holidays and paid time off (PTO), we offer two floating holidays and three mental health days.
- Telecommuting and flexible working arrangements - Whether full-time, part-time, or once in a while, we trust you to work from the comfort of your own home. Or on your patio. That works for us too.
- Immediate 401(k) matching - We won’t wait a year or two to invest in your future— participate in 100% vesting from day 1.
Company Core Values
- People first - Take care of those in need above everything else.
- One team - Create an environment of mutual respect, empathy, and transparency. And have a little fun!
- Stay curious - Try things and learn. Discover with intention. And remember, it’s always okay to ask for help.
- Sweat the small stuff - Care about the details, require the highest standards of quality, and use the best science.
- Let change fuel you - Embrace the journey and be resilient.
- Make a difference - Innovate to create meaningful impact. Turn your passion into purpose. Own it and make it happen.