Distributed Systems Software Engineer
Posted on 9/12/2022
Data Structures & Algorithms
- BSc degree in Computer Science, Electrical & Computer Engineering, or related field, or equivalent practical experience (though a “traditional” education or degree is NOT required)
- Ability to analyze, criticize, and improve the design of complex distributed systems
- Pragmatic “get it done” attitude and the ability to provide and receive constructive feedback
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills on both technical and non-technical issues
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills
- Record of demonstrating state-of-the-art innovation in distributed systems and virtual machines with a proven project history (potentially including but not limited to distributed data structures, novel network architectures and protocols, consensus protocols, peer-to-peer connectivity, distributed execution, distributed file systems, network optimization, graph traversals, and dynamic network analysis)
- Experience contributing to research communities and/or efforts, including publishing conference papers
- Strong interest and curiosity in building distributed and/or p2p software systems and Web3
- You believe you don't understand something until you can explain it to a six-year-old. Your experience mentoring or writing technical explainers or blog posts demonstrates that you enjoy testing your understanding against this metric
- Proven success in influencing and developing productive working relationships with diverse technical teams and stakeholders
- Experience working with IPFS, IPLD, libp2p
Open-source R&D lab with Web3 focus
Protocol Labs aims to make human existence orders of magnitude better through technology. The company is open-source research, development, and deployment laboratory, who's projects include IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, and more.
- Parental leave
- Contributions to your retirement
- Competitive pay and unlimited time off
- For U.S.-based employees: platinum-level health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.
- We are open source to the core: Open-source technology is at the core of all our projects and at the center of our philosophy.
- We are a global, remote workforce: Protocol Labs is a distributed company with no central office, working from home all over the world.
- We champion autonomy: We empower people to lead and take ownership of interesting, challenging problems.
- We welcome diverse ways of thinking: This is a team of talented, curious people of diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives.
- We are a startup lab:We mix fast-paced, growth-oriented startup culture, with deeply analytical, data driven research thinking.