We are currently seeking a Software Engineer Intern to join our summer internship program.
AeroVironment is an engineering innovator and that means we look for people with a broad background of technical skills and the desire to tackle real-world challenges.
Whether you’re part of a team designing a new unmanned aircraft to be used for planetary surveillance, or testing and designing modifications for flight hardware/software systems your AeroVironment internship will challenge you, stimulate you and provide you with real-world experience at one of America’s most innovative and creative tech companies.
What You’ll Do
You’ll have real responsibilities that impact actual products and help pave the way on our development path. You will work on projects and products that will launch AV into the future and provide you hands-on knowledge and skills through multiple phases of our Engineering/Manufacturing Design and Development process.
You will support engineering and design activities in your discipline using tools such as Windtunnels, 3-D Printers, Solidworks, Altium, Ansys, Visual Studio, and Matlab.
If you thrive on innovation and challenge, our engineering internship will exceed your expectations. You’ll understand how your work fits into the whole and we’ll give you the support you need to do the best work of your life.
- U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Resident (Green Card holder) or asylee/refugee status as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) required.
- Must be currently enrolled in a college or university pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD in a technical or engineering major related to work assignment during the internship.
- Must have a minimum cumulative 3.0 out of a 4.0 GPA or equivalent
- Must be available to work full-time (40 hours/week) for 8-12 weeks during the Summer
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Possess a desire to build things; have a strong engineering aptitude; and thrive working in a team environment.
- General engineering fundamentals, mathematics, physics, material properties
- Completed coursework relevant to major
- Experience with software tools in your area of expertise
- Hand-on experience with relevant tools
- Familiarity with structured development techniques
- Familiarity with software tools such as C#, C++, Java, Python, Matlab, ARM Assembly, Linux
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, where small teams share a broad variety of duties
- Effective problem-solving, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- UAV or Rotary Aircraft experience preferred
- Flight test or R/C experience a plus
AV offers the ultimate hands-on intern experience that will help prepare you for your future. We provide relocation and housing for students out of state and have a 9/80 work schedule (every other Friday off).
The salary range for this role is:
$21 - $31
AeroVironment considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the location, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills.
This position requires access to information that is subject to compliance with the International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”). In order to comply with the requirements of the ITAR and/or the EAR, applicants will be asked to provide specific documentation to verify U.S. person status under the ITAR and the EAR. A “U.S. person” according to their definition is a U.S. citizen, U.S. lawful permanent resident (green card holder), or protected individual such as a refugee, or asylee. See 22 CFR § 120.15. Some positions will require current U.S. Citizenship due to contract requirements.
Benefits: AV offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental vision, 401K with company matching, a 9/80 work schedule and a paid holiday shutdown. For more information about our company benefit offerings please visit: http://www.avinc.com/myavbenefits.
We also encourage you to review our company website at http://www.avinc.com to learn more about us.
Principals only need apply. NO agencies please.
Who We Are
Based in California, AeroVironment (AVAV) is a global leader in unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Founded in 1971 by celebrated physicist and engineer, Dr. Paul MacCready, we’ve been at the leading edge of technical innovation for more than 45 years. Be a part of the team that developed the world’s most widely used military drones and created the first submarine-launched reconnaissance drone, and has seven innovative vehicles that are part of the Smithsonian Institution’s permanent collection in Washington, DC.
Join us today in developing the next generation of small UAS and tactical missile systems that will deliver more actionable intelligence to our customers so they can proceed with certainty – and succeed.
What We Do
Building on a history of technological innovation, AeroVironment designs, develops, produces, and supports an advanced portfolio of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Agencies of the U.S. Department of Defense and allied military services use the company’s hand-launched UAS to provide situational awareness to tactical operating units through real-time, airborne reconnaissance, surveillance, and target acquisition.
AeroVironment Incorporated is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. We are committed to the concept regarding Equal Employment opportunity. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, medical condition nor disability, genetics, veteran and all others that may apply.
U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (Green Card holder) or asylee/refugee status as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) required.