Grants Management Coordinator
Updated on 11/30/2023
Christian humanitarian organization serving the vulnerable
World Relief stands out as a compassionate employer, fostering a culture of empowerment and service through its mission to aid the most vulnerable. With a proven track record of over 75 years, it has demonstrated industry leadership in humanitarian efforts across 100 countries, leveraging partnerships with local churches and communities to develop sustainable solutions to global issues. The organization's commitment to advocacy and influencing policy makers further underscores its competitive edge in effecting meaningful change.
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 17%
1 year growth↑ 29%
2 year growth↑ 34%
Baltimore, MD, USA
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3+ years in grant management, fundraising, business development, or project management with demonstrated increasing responsibility over time
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; attention to detail and ability to execute well
- Proficient in data entry and donor management using Raiser’s Edge or equivalent
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills and detail orientation
- Ability to work effectively both as a team member and independently
- Ability to capture and organize complex information
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects
- Monitoring Grant Progress (35%): Collaborate closely with program teams to monitor the progress of grants, with an eye on programming activities, budgets, regular reporting schedules, and deliverables. Identify potential issues in grant project timelines, activities, or budgets and work collaboratively with program teams and frontline fundraisers to proactively develop solutions. Collaborate with frontline fundraising staff to recommend and draft correspondence to funders on changes or updates to approach or programming, when necessary.
- Grant Documentation (20%): Manage all grant-related documentation, including agreements, contracts, financial records, and other relevant materials. Ensure compliance with grant checklist process, including legal approvals and maintaining a well-organized archive system. Draft thank you letters, videos, notes, emails, or coordinate calls to thank donors when grants are received.
- Financial Support (15%): Coordinate with the World Relief finance team to facilitate check-ins and reporting on financials. Oversee internal paperwork processes, including the creation of fund IDs and the allocation of funds to the appropriate locations. Maintain effective communication with USP (US Programs) and IP (International Programs) staff and frontline teams regarding the allocation of funds, kick-off of projects, and status of project financials.
- Grant Requirements (10%): Ensure implementing teams and support functions stay fully informed of changing or new relevant donor compliance requirements and World Relief procedures. Standardize systems, processes, tools, and communications for grants management to establish consistent and effective practices that reflect World Relief policies and donor requirements; Ensure adherence to requirements and support project management for reports and proposal development.
- Managing Grant Pipelines & Communication/Data Entry (10%): Manage grant pipelines in collaboration with programs staff, and maintain accurate data entry in the USP and IP systems. Be the go-to for questions from programs staff on the status of grants. Work with finance and SED Operations team to ensure accuracy of CFT grant opportunity data, in partnership with CFT Senior Director and frontline fundraising team. This will include data entry for specific types of multi-purpose grant opportunities. Support team leadership with donor management systems and related data support as needed.
- Management of Supplemental Files & Systems (10%): Maintain and, where necessary, establish systems that ensure key grant-related documentation is archived, organized, and accessible by relevant World Relief staff. Maintain a repository of supplemental files and documents regularly needed for grant applications; manage processes and permissions for sharing with WR stakeholders in SED and beyond. Maintain and improve systems for grant management using Asana and other systems.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and the ability to effectively plan, execute, and monitor grant-funded projects.
- Effective time management and exceptional organizational skills to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficiency in building and maintaining organized and accurate records of grant- and partnership-related materials.
- A strong understanding of grant management principles, including grant compliance, fund allocation, reporting, and budgeting.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively collaborate with program teams, SED team members, and other internal stakeholders.
- The ability to identify issues or problems in grant progress and develop creative solutions to address them.
- The capacity to work collaboratively with diverse teams, including program staff, finance professionals, and frontline workers.
- Self-starter; the ability to work independently and take ownership of grant-related tasks.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing grant requirements, firm deadlines, priorities, and funding conditions.
- Strong analytical skills to assess grant progress, identify trends, and make data-driven recommendations.
- Proficiency in data entry and management using relevant software and systems.
- Understanding of community development and humanitarian response principles.