About Stellar Health:
Historically, US Healthcare has relied on a fee-for-service reimbursement system where providers are paid based on the quantity of patient visits and procedures, rather than the quality of health outcomes.
At Stellar Health, we help primary care providers put patient health first. Our platform - a mix of technology, people, and analytics - supports providers at the point of care, delivering real-time patient information, activating practice staff, and empowering providers and care teams with incentives that reward the work they are already doing to keep patients healthy. Using the Stellar App, our web-based, point-of-care tool; practices receive a simple checklist of recommended actions that support the best quality care. Providers and care teams are then paid monthly for each action they complete, and Payors save money in reduced healthcare costs along the way.
Stellar is a US-based Health-tech backed by Top VCs (General Atlantic, Point72, & Primary Venture Partners) with an established product & proven operating model. We’ve shown that we make a real difference for physician practices and their patients.
About the position:
Stellar Health’s BI Team is at the center of analytics and has an oversized influence on the growth and success of the business. The BI Team is standing up a brand new Analytics Engineering function to accelerate analytics innovation and performance for all teams. As the founding member of Analytics Engineering, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to create a new program and platform, along with the incredible opportunity to advance the state of healthcare in the United States through data.
As Senior Analytics Engineer you should have:
- 6+ years total experience as an Analytics Engineer, Data Engineer, or equivalent
- 6+ years creating project plans and related BI, Analytics, and Data project management materials (design documents, BI wireframes, ERDs, metrics catalogs, milestone plans)
- 6+ years building and implementing BI, Analytics, and Data solutions for business teams like Marketing, Sales, Product, Customer Success, and Finance
- 6+ years collaborating with Marketing, sales, product, people or equivalent cross functional collaboration experience.
- 5+ years writing SQL with advanced level knowledge, including various join types, CTEs, partitioning, pivoting, and aggregates.
- 4+ years experience designing and implementing commercial Analytics Data Models, preferably using Kimball Dimensional Modeling.
- 4+ years experience creating automated data processing pipelines using ETL tools like dbt and Airflow
- 4+ years building BI Dashboards
- 1+ years working in a Cloud Data Warehouse
What you’ll do:
- Build the Analytics Engineering function, including technology selection, program structure, and dimensional model rollout and operations
- Collaborate with business and technical team members to collect business requirements to deliver best-in-class dimensional data models to serve as single-source-of-truth for product, customer, and business analytics
- Design and deliver new analytics data models and schema, primarily using the industry-standard Kimball Dimensional Modeling framework
- Serve as the Lead/Primary point of contact for the Snowflake Data Warehouse
- Define, develop, and enhance the dbt/SQL codebase and companion ERD documents used to bring the Analytics Warehouse to life
- Keep documentation up-to-date in Notion, Docs, and other knowledge bases
- Advocate for Analytics best practices
- Keep the team and others up-to-date on plans and progress with Asana and related status meters
- Develop code that establishes the benchmark for best practices in a high-scale data environment
- Work with team members to review and approve code and other software artifacts
Who will love this job:
BI & Analytics at Stellar Health is just getting started! Though we’re starting with a stable technology stack and a great baseline of descriptive metrics and dashboards, there remains incredible room to grow and make an impact in our business, across our teams, and out to our customers. If you want to leverage your deep analytics technology and delivery experience to create brand new scalable analytics solutions “the right way” from scratch, this is your place. There is no existing dbt codebase in place or dimensional model in place. You get to create and own it!
At Stellar, we believe in transparency and we do our best to make sure the company and our candidates are on the same page as it relates to compensation. In addition to posting salary ranges for our open roles, candidates should expect to be asked about compensation expectations and requirements early on in their interview process. Our goal is to highlight when expectations and Stellar’s salary range may be out of sync, and work with the candidate to determine whether it makes sense to continue conversations.
Where a new hire falls within this range will be based on their individual skills and experience, and how these competencies compare across other employees in the same role. Stellar’s bands are designed to allow for individual compensation growth within the role. As such, new hires typically start at the lower end of the range. Stellar rewards performance and outcomes - should you join the company, you will have the opportunity to grow your salary over time.
- The base salary range for a Senior Analytics Engineer is $150,000-$190,000 and will be eligible for equity and an annual performance based bonus.
- The base salary range for a Staff Analytics Engineer is $170,000-$210,000 and will be eligible for equity and an annual performance based bonus.
Perks & Benefits:
Stellar offers a carefully curated selection of wellness benefits and perks to our employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Unlimited PTO (and ask our recruiting team about the ways we make sure employees are actually taking PTO)
- Universal Paid Family Leave, with up to 21 weeks of fully paid leave available to new parents and caregivers
- Company sponsored One Medical memberships and Citibike memberships
- Medical Travel Benefits
- A monthly wellness stipend that gives employees the freedom to choose where they spend their cash, whether it be on wellness, pet care, childcare, WFH items, or charitable donations
- Stock Options & a 401k matching program
- Career development opportunities like Manager Training, coaching, and an internal mobility program
- A broad calendar of company sponsored social events that for our in-office and remote employees
Note on COVID response:
In order to protect our wellbeing and safety, and to reduce the likelihood of impacts to our workforce, we currently require all employees, regardless of location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
If you would like to learn more about our COVID vaccine policy, as well as our response measures and hybrid work policies, please mention this when you speak with a Stellar Recruiter.
Diversity is the key to our success. Stellar Health is an equal opportunity employer and we are open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We believe that diverse teams -and the different identities, cultures, and life experiences our team members bring to the table- enable us to create amazing products, find creative solutions to interesting problems, and build an inclusive working environment.
Stellar Health Employment Privacy Notice