Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Sre, Remote working opportunity
Posted on 5/31/2022
Remote • United Kingdom
Google Cloud Platform
- A Sr. SRE will have all the skills, knowledge, and dimension progression of a SRE and will be contributing at a higher level
- Respected as a technical leader, provides mentorship to many others across team boundaries
- A Sr. SRE can work independently while providing mentorship and guidance to the company in multiple areas of technology
- A Sr. SRE will typically have > 5 years of experience as a professional SRE or software developer
- Sets the bar in all forms of communication and collaboration
- Contribute significant software architecture, strategy, design and code to the current (or future) version (or multiple concurrently developed versions) of a component, subsystem, system, application, or underlying technologies
- Evaluates new technologies and software products to determine feasibility and desirability of incorporating their capabilities within the company's software systems and applications
- A Sr. SRE will typically have > 5 years of experience as a professional software developer and/or experience as an SRE
- Expert knowledge of Kubernetes at scale (e.g., GKE, EKS) and containerisation technologies in general (e.g., Docker/CRI-O)
- Strong programming ability in OOP languages (e.g., C#, Java) and ability to write PowerShell/Python scripts
- Expert experience with IaC tools (e.g., Ansible, Terraform)
- Expert and up to date knowledge of security best practices across all disciplines (e.g., networking, software)
- Expert experience with cloud technologies in general. (AWS & GCP)
- Strong knowledge of networking (e.g., load balancing, routing, DNS). Understanding of TCP/IP
- Strong experience with Nginx, HAproxy or similar technologies
- Strong Linux experience
- Exposure to a flavour of Git, including common branching strategies
- Experience of metrics/monitoring and alerting using Prometheus, Grafana or similar
- Advantageous but not essential:
- Experience with software delivery automation
- Clear understanding of 3 tier/layer application architecture using modern cloud platforms
- Experience of software-at-scale in the cloud
- Experience with Static and Dynamic Application Security Testing
- Working knowledge of Secure SDLC processes
- Hands on experience and knowledge of Elasticsearch, Kafka and multiple RDBMS (e.g., MySQL, Postgres) nice to have
- Competitive salary up to £85,000 depending on experience
- Fully remote working
- Career progression opportunities
- Dental and healthcare plan
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Cision Extras - retail discounts
- Learning Portal
Cision is a global media intelligence company that offers PR and social software as well as analytics.
- We Are One - Working together, we are empowered to deliver outstanding customer experiences.
- We Embrace Differences - We honor diversity of ideas, people and beliefs. Our diversity enables us to create innovative solutions to serve our customers' needs.
- We Are Dedicated - We are committed to tenaciously working on behalf of our clients and partners with our teams.
- We Constantly Evolve - We are curious, embrace new ideas and create change. This means we drive growth for our customers. It also means we have a learning culture where our people have the opportunity to develop into tech leaders.
- We-Celebrate - We have culture ambassadors in each office who ensure that our people get recognition for their hard work and ensure we celebrate our wins, both big and small.