Staff Data Scientist
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
San Francisco, CA, USA
- 6+ years of data science and product analytics industry experience
- 2+ years of experience in safety measurement plus one or more other aspects of safety, such as threat detection, prevalence reduction (in a problem team or a surface team), user experience, etc
- Proficiency with relational database (SQL), programming (Python or R), statistics, experimentation, and causal inference analyses
- Motivated and self-directed, demonstrated ability to innovate and bias toward action in fast-paced environments
- Ability to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to tackle ambiguous and undefined problems
- Identify actionable and impactful insights through metrics and analyses, in order to improve our enforcement systems and outcomes
- Partner with product, engineering, enforcement teams and user research to provide thought partnership, strategic influence and execution support
- Partner with product teams outside of the Safety Org to improve product safety and user experience through rigorous experimentation practices and metrics
- Be an end-to-end project owner from ideation to implementation and influence -- whatever that's needed to create impact and carry out our mission
Social news website & forum
Reddit's mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. The company operates a social news website and forum where content is socially curated by members.
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible unlimited vacation days & monthly global wellness days
- Family planning funds & 4+ months paid parental leave
- Personal & professional development funds
- Paid volunteer time off
- Workspace & home office benefits
- Evolve: Only by continually improving and learning will we succeed.
- Add Value: We constantly evaluate our work to ensure it’s adding value and bringing us closer to achieving our mission. It’s easy to fall into the trap of conflating activity with value. Adding value requires hard work, but not all hard work is valuable.
- Default: Open The free flow of ideas and feedback is the lifeblood of a healthy organization, and Reddit must embrace it if we are to thrive.