Staff Machine Learning Researcher
Posted on 12/10/2022
Remote • United States
Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Firm theoretical background in machine learning
- 3 years+ hands-on machine learning experience
- Previous experience with deep learning, sequence models and NLP
- Inclination to prototype quickly and make fast decisions on experiment failure
- Participate in our ongoing projects in the area of code intelligence
- Conceive, design, train and deploy machine learning models
- Extend and fine-tune deep learning architectures
- Help out in the day-to-day running of the Innovation Lab: organizing our webinar series, interviewing new candidates, and disseminating research results
- PhD in computer science, mathematics, or a related field, or other evidence of the ability to do independent, innovative research
- Previous experience at working with large, distributed machine learning pipelines, e.g. using Microsoft Azure or k8s
- Experience training large language models for code generation
- Ability to communicate complex ideas clearly, both in spoken and written form, for expert as well as novice audiences
Open-source code hosting
GitHub is on a mission is to build a global platform for developer collaboration. The company operates an open-source coding hosting and collaboration platform
- A diverse and inclusive workplace - At GitHub, we think that a diverse company is a strong company, and we work hard to foster a supportive and welcoming workplace. Learn more about our commitment to diversity.
- Work happier - Build amazing things with a balance of autonomy and collaborative teamwork. Set your own work schedule and make use of a flexible PTO plan when you need to recharge.
- Lead from any location - GitHub is a remote-first company with offices located throughout the US, Europe, and Asia. Whether you live near an office or not, GitHub believes you can do your best work wherever you are. If you work remotely, you will receive a stipend to outfit your home office and receive reoccurring reimbursement refreshes.
- Put your health and family first - You’ll enjoy 100% coverage of health insurance premiums across our medical, dental, and vision plan offerings, including coverage for dependents. We also offer five months of paid family leave to all new parents with the option to use it all at once or throughout the baby’s first year.
- Find your zen - GitHub provides a monthly wellness stipend designed to cover anything from gym memberships, massage, meditation apps, or any other wellness related expenses.
- Invest in your future - At GitHub, you’ll have a stake in the future success of our platform with equity grants. For full-time employees, we offer competitive 401k planning with a 50% company match up to the IRS 402(g) annual limit.
- Keep growing - Learn how you learn best. From books to conferences, you’ll get a yearly budget for your individual learning and development goals.
- Give back to your community - We believe in sharing our time, resources, and products to contribute to positive social impact. GitHub matches charitable donations up to $15,000 per calendar year. And for each hour (up to 40 hours) of volunteering per year, you will receive $20 to donate to an organization of your choice.
Company Core Values
- Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
- Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
- Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
- Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
- Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.