Senior Games Engineer
Posted on 8/5/2022
Burbank, CA, USA
- Capable of developing and debugging code written in a large multithreaded C# or C++ codebase, using a multi-platform engine (e.g. Unity, Unreal, in-house)
- Knowledgeable on how to profile, analyze, and improve performance, from low-level limitations to high-level architectural decisions
- Experience in shipping multiple games or other real-time interactive applications, including a proven understanding of software development lifecycles
- Proficient in written and spoken English, and able to guide customers by clearly communicating ideas and technical knowledge via written reports. This includes being able to accurately capture clients' technical asks to share with internal R&D
- Comfortable when it comes to diving into areas outside of their expertise
- Become embedded with external customer teams to develop interactive applications and tools in long term engagements
- Build close relationships with Unity's internal development teams and provide customer feedback and use cases to them
- Efficiently tackle problems, communicate, and educate our clients, both remotely and on-site at their offices
- Help the Engineering and Program Managers scope projects for customers and develop implementation strategies
- Grow and maintain your technical knowledge while sharing your expertise with junior members in a mentorship capacity
- Experience in delivering training/technical talks and writing technical articles/documentation
- Deep graphics programming knowledge and experience writing shaders
Platform for creating & operating interactive, real-time 3D content
Unity's mission is to democratize game development and enable everyone to create rich interactive content.
- Comprehensive health, life, and disability insurances
- Commuting subsidy
- Employee stock ownership
- Comprehensive retirement/pension plans
- Generous vacation and personal days
- Paid leave for new parents
- Wellness and fitness subsidy
- Office food and free snacks, including lots of healthy options!
- Mental health and Wellbeing programs and support
- Employee Resource Groups
- Global Employee Assistance Program
- Training and development programs
- Volunteering and donation matching program
- Users first - We put users first… they are rock stars and we are their biggest fans. Our shared dedication to users holds us together, defines and aligns our work and drives us to deliver for them.
- Best ideas win - We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We have vigorous debates, we listen and learn, and we make sure the best ideas win. We care enough to go through the pain of messy conversations.
- In it together - We are Citizens of Unity. We act like owners. We’re activists; we have a voice and use it. We’re direct and candid, with good intent. We respect each other’s uniqueness and we’re in it together.
- Go bold - We do bold things. We go big and when we fail, we learn, get better and go big again. We challenge and elevate each other beyond our limits to do what may seem impossible. We stay curious and hungry.