Technical Project Manager, Agile & Product Development (Director level)
Posted on 3/30/2022
Austin, TX, USA
- Candidate should have solid collaboration experience
- Manage small team of 2-3 project manager
- 10 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree, or foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Engineering or a closely related discipline; or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree, or foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Engineering or a closely related discipline (e.g. Masters/ MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD; eight (15) years of overall work experience; and five (10) years specialized experience in project or program management
- Candidate has a PMP or equivalent project management certification and has knowledge of working in an agile environment
- Good familiarity with project management software tools; project management techniques; software development lifecycle in an e-commerce or web environment; scrum or agile experience
- SME Knowledge of project management principles and Agile development methodologies
- Good attention to details, ability to think analytically and independently
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of technical implementations of large scale, highly available, robust web/mobile and Payment Services applications
- Support Product Owner in developing, maintaining and grooming Product Backlog
- Collaborate with cross functional teams and build schedules and plans; Identifies and manages dependencies with other internal or external teams; Work with the Scrum team and with non-agile Visa teams to align deliverables
- Handle issues/ risks proactively and work with the program manager to successful deliver the program and projects
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well with other departments and varying levels of management
- Ability to negotiate priorities across organizations is required
- Ability to plan and prioritize multiple tasks effectively
- Ability to independently drive projects through to completion
- Experience with a scrum tool like Rally, JIRA, MS Project is a must have
- Hands-on experience with the day-to-day management of cross functional, global software development projects
- Knowledge of other technical approaches: Java, API, REST, JSON etc
- Meticulous follow-ups and follow-through of issues and actions to drive them to closure in a timely manner; Work closely with the Technical Development team to identify and communicate critical paths
- Be the single point of contact for the partner and bring in resources from marketing, product, and support as necessary
- Become an expert on our product, our competition and the markets in which we compete
- 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Financial Institution Engagement is a plus
Leading credit card company
Visa's mission is to remove barriers and connect more people to the global economy. The company provides end-to-end financial infrastructure.
- Health Insurance.
- Life Insurance.
- Dental Insurance.
- Disability Insurance.
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance.
- Integrity: Doing well by doing right.
- People: Behind payments are people.
- Innovation: Pioneering with a purpose.
- Clients: Keeping clients in focus.
- Collaboration: Pulling ahead by pulling together.