Natron is seeking a Sr. Mechanical Engineer to support production and ramp up of its battery production line. Critical activities include process development, yield improvement, troubleshooting, introducing and qualifying new processes and equipment, determining robust operating conditions for all processes to facilitate transfer to contract manufacturers, and assisting contract manufactures with absorbing Natron processes. Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement with thoughtful, collaborative and disciplined execution is a must.
- Initiate and lead projects for process improvement in the fabrication/assembly of battery parts.
- Support new product introduction and sustaining product process optimizations.
- Work effectively with cross functional teams to implement new equipment, fixtures, and procedures to improve quality, yield, uptime, cycle time and throughput.
- Perform DOE, process capability, PFMEA, cycle time studies and line balancing activities.
- Develop, update and maintain process documentation and SPC based manufacturing control plan for good manufacturing execution and product transfer to other sites.
- Analyze and plan workforce utilization, space/tools requirements, workflow, design layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency in accordance with Lean manufacturing principles
- Work with other engineering team and Data Team members to determine root causes of product defects, poor product performance, line down time.
- Automate data collection for manufacturing execution and process control
- Perform DF(X) design for manufacturing/test/Assembly analysis on existing and new products.
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering, materials science, chemistry, physics, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing (preferred to have experience with batteries or electrochemical hardware devices)
- Fluency in Six Sigma problem-solving method and tools including DOE, fishbone, FMEA, Control Charts and statistical analysis.
- Demonstrated experience solving process yield, throughput and product quality problems.
- Experience with factory automation and MES data collection system implementation.
- Experience in Providing DF(X) design for manufacturing/test/Assembly feedback.
- This is a regular, full-time position.
- Employees must work on site in Holland, MI.
- Compensation is competitive with other West MI based manufacturing/process engineering positions.
Natron Energy (natron.energy
) is the future of energy storage. Natron Energy’s battery products solve operations performance and reliability problems for the world’s biggest electricity customers. Natron Energy’s initial products target markets exceeding $25B including data centers, oil & gas, EV fast charging, and commercial aviation. Natron Energy has additional products in development for >$50B markets including commercial and residential grid storage. Its products are based on sodium-ion cells containing Prussian blue electrodes that deliver unique power, cycle life, and safety: full discharge and recharge in just minutes and up to 50,000 deep discharge cycles from a nonflammable, fault tolerant system. Natron Energy’s current production is sold out for the next 12 months. The company has signed over $225M/year in master sales agreements and LOIs, and scale-up to mass production is now underway. Natron Energy has raised over $155M in venture capital investment to date, as well as $35M in non-dilutive funding to support its supply chain scale up. The company has a strong leadership team that includes world-class C and VP level strategy, sales, operations, and technology executives.
·Founded in 2012 as a Stanford spin out
·Now selling the world’s first UL certified Na-ion product in $9B data center market, with $700k shipped and $1.5M
·First product (battery tray for in-rack power) is fully de-risked and sold out through Q1 2023
·Second product (ultra high-power battery rack services) launched in 2022
What differentiates Natron Energy from other battery companies?
Natron Energy solves the problems created by lead acid and lithium-ion technology:
· Higher power discharge and faster recharge
A smaller footprint for high power leaves more space to generate revenue
Fast recharge results in higher system uptime
· Industry leading service life
Tens-of-thousands of charge-discharge cycles enables real-time peak saving of volatile electrical loads
Predictable degradation without surprise failures
The only battery that cannot start a fire
Customers gain confidence and save on fire mitigation costs
Natron Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: [email protected]