Senior Backend Engineer, Factory Services
Posted on 2/3/2022
Remote in USA • Remote • Chicago, IL, USA
- 6+ years experience building production software or web applications focusing on writing clean, well-designed, and scalable code
- Deep expertise using Elixir or other general purpose language (C#, Java, Scala, etc. Bonus points for functional programming languages) to build web APIs
- Experience optimizing applications for speed, scalability, and extensibility
- Strong investment in mentorship and grooming of Jr. engineers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact productively with stakeholders
- A growth mindset
- A ML driven costing workflow - This takes a 3D model and returns what we think the part will cost us to produce
- A design feedback system which allows users to select points on a 3D model and leave specific feedback for other engineers
- Automated manufacturability checks that can inform users when their 3D models won't be able to be produced and why
- Deliver a world-class user experience
- Work in our collaborative environment with product, design and software engineering
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship while tackling tough design and product problems
Fast Radius is on a mission to change manufacturing and logistics for the better.
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- Comprehensive health care including dental and vision
- Generous vacation policy as well as a 401K plan
- Drive impact in everything you do - We are bold, focus on customer solutions, and take action to create change.
- Make excellence possible - We act as one team, make each other better, and work together for an inclusive workspace.
- Pioneer new paths - We embrace change, experiment fearlessly, and challenge what’s possible.
- Embrace the high bar - We expect excellence, hold ourselves accountable, act ethically, and put safety first.