Senior Product Designer
Posted on 2/1/2022
- At least 5-7+ years of product design experience
- You have a proven track record of playing both a leadership and supporting role in shipping great products to customers - from inception to launch
- You have a portfolio that includes mobile and web products and showcases a strong foundation in UX design, visual design, layout, IA, and typography
- You have experience collaborating with people across multiple disciplines/departments
- You successfully communicate ideas both in writing and with low-fi tools to solicit the best feedback from users and stakeholders
- You know how to share clear and specific design feedback that is thoughtful and actionable
- You have an incredible attention to detail. You sweat the little things and are meticulous about your work - from designs to feedback to specs
- You have a deep interest in mentoring designers to grow their skills
- You manage your time and projects carefully and independently. You regularly and proactively share what you're working on, what your goals are, what's coming next
- You're comfortable in ambiguity and enjoy the process of driving towards clarity
- Take a user-centered approach to product design that's rooted in deeply understanding user problems and needs
- Own core parts of the Modern Health product design experience - from our member-facing mobile app and web experience to our provider-facing dashboard to our HR portal. We're a fast growing tech team so you'll be responsible and accountable for some of our most critical products and features
- Partner closely with product, engineering, operations, and care teams to drive and deliver new products, features, prototypes, and bug fixes - small and large
- Partner closely with stakeholders to define a flexible design process that facilitates transparency and collaboration and that is focused on driving value to customers on a frequent basis
- Own and contribute toward Modern Health's evolving product design system
- Help us grow our design team by actively recruiting and interviewing designers
Modern Health is a mental well-being platform for innovative companies that want to reduce burnout and prevent turnover.
- Health and Wellness - Our benefits are designed to keep you safe and healthy. We’ve got you 100% covered for health, dental and vision insurance.
- Professional Development - Make a meaningful difference at a rapidly growing start-up. We also offer every employee an annual professional development stipend, LinkedIn Learning subscription, and WFH stipend.
- Family Matters - We celebrate all paths to parenthood by offering the fertility benefit Carrot, 16 weeks parental leave, and a child care stipend. We also offer access to Outschool which provides over 100,000 (and counting!) live, online activities for learners ages 3-18.
- Giving Back - We encourage team members to donate their skills and time in their communities, and we match donations to causes several times a year.
- Flexible Paid Time Off - Time off is important for rejuvenation and bringing your full self to work. No matter what life throws your way, we want you to have space to do so - guilt free.
- Long-Term Planning - All full-time employees are eligible to contribute to a 401(k) plan. We are also proud to offer financial advising services through Origin.
Company Core Values
- People first
- Bias towards action
- Embrace the journey
- Ownership mentality