Moxion is a vertically integrated manufacturer of all-electric mobile power and energy storage solutions. We have developed commercial-scale, powerful, silent, and emissions-free mobile battery stations that are designed to replace traditional diesel generators in most applications today. We’re pioneering mobile energy storage technology, leveraging vertical integration and a software-enabled service model to deliver last-mile electrification for our customers and communities. The Moxion team is a passionate group of humans who care about the environment and disrupting the diesel economy. Come build the first distributed utility with us, propelling the biggest energy transformation of our lifetime.
As a HIL Test Engineer with Moxion Power Co. you will be a member of the team responsible for designing, developing, and testing complex HIL systems to verify and validate electronic controllers and controls used in mobile energy storage and delivery products. You’ll help develop and execute our system simulation and testing roadmap, help define and refine the step-by-step process to test, and validate products from the ground up. You will have the opportunity to deliver advanced products that will transform and disrupt an industry which hasn’t seen innovation in decades.
What you’ll do:
- Design and develop HIL systems including selection of new simulation and test equipment.
- Configure and maintain test bench and environment.
- Develop and execute test plans, procedures, and test cases for HIL testing.
- Signal and electrical fault injection.
- Develop and maintain HIL test software and hardware interfaces.
- Develop and maintain HIL test documentation, including test reports and test procedures.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including software, hardware, and system engineers, to ensure HIL test systems are integrated and aligned with product requirements.
- Provide feedback to improve requirements and test cases.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and technologies related to HIL testing and recommend process improvements to enhance testing efficiency and effectiveness.
Skills to be successful:
- Strong knowledge of HIL testing methodologies, including HIL system design, development, and implementation
- Experience with complex HIL setup and test involving multiple controllers and harnesses
- Experience with HIL test automation, scripting languages, and software development tools such as MATLAB/Simulink, LabVIEW, Python, etc.
- Understanding software/controls development and the interaction with mechatronic components it controls (switches, relays, other control modules)
- CAN, CCP/XCP
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with cross-functional teams
- Proficiency in data acquisition, analysis, and reporting technical details
- Ability to manage timelines and documentation
Nice to haves:
- Battery management systems
- Active front ends (inverters)
- High voltage risk and safetyVector and dSPACE tools
- Scripting and automation
- Equipment evaluation and selection experience
We currently use:
- Google Workspace, Slack, Zoom
- Jira, Jama, Confluence
- New Eagle Raptor
Moxion is committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. Compensation displayed is a range. Maximum amounts are reserved for those candidates that exceed all experience and background requirements. We reserve the right to offer compensation based on level of experience. Moxion has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay within the San Francisco Bay area. If you live outside that region, the range is subject to change.
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within the range provided above. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role.
At Moxion you get
Health, dental, and vision coverage, PTO, competitive equity & compensation packages, free lunch, coffee, and snacks onsite, flexible work from home (for some roles), free tax advisory services, access to Mountain Hardware, Columbia, Sorel, & Prana employee stores and discounts, company swag, investment in professional development courses, and parental leave program.
People are at the core of Moxion’s values. We care about growth for our people and team, and this translates to an open and transparent culture. Moxion believes that diversity is as core to our business as the underlying products and technology we’re developing. Diversity in people leads to diversity of thought and different perspectives to draw from, often resulting in a new or unique way of approaching or solving a problem. Diversity drives innovation.
Moxion is looking for candidates who identify with different races, religions, national origins, age groups, genders, or gender identities, and we don’t discriminate against marital status, physical or mental disability, health or medical conditions, military and veteran status, genetic information, and other classifications that may or may not be protected by law. If you can bring a unique perspective or experience to our company, please apply.
Moxion is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let our recruiting team know or email [email protected]