Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to create an abundant and decarbonized material future. Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
As a Development Engineering Technician, you will develop and execute the build and test procedures for creating and validating electrolyzer cells and stacks. This will involve everything from proposing and drafting standard operating procedures to hand-assembly of sub-components and electrolyzer stacks. As one of the early members of the manufacturing team, you will help shape our manufacturing and testing processes to allow us to scale.
You will contribute to process development and design, and work on the manufacturing floor to ensure we are identifying and solving problems as soon as they come up. You will spend a large portion of time working directly with hardware and equipment, and be the lead on troubleshooting efforts.
As a small company, daily tasks can and will be varied; our work will be focused around our goal of ensuring deep decarbonization!
You have a background in pressure systems, electro-mechanical assemblies, or other high-tech integrated assemblies. The Development Engineering Technician role is very safety-focused and committed to working in a collaborative team environment to achieve manufacturing goals.
This position will be based in our Natick office.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and own standard operating procedures
- Troubleshoot when processes fail or equipment breaks
- Conduct development tests to improve our product performance and process efficiency
- Operate test equipment including high-pressure setups and electrical testing
- Assemble sub-components, and final assembly of electrolyzer stacks
- Operate automated equipment
- Use manual hand and power tools
- Complete documentation in the course of work, including manufacturing documentation, test logs, and test reports
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & QUALITIES
- Committed to safety and able to create a safe working environment
- Outstanding relevant professional experience, or an associates degree in an engineering field, or a bachelor’s degree in an engineering field
- Demonstrated excellence in school and/or in previous professional positions
- 1+ experience within a manufacturing or wet lab environment
- Proficient in software tools, including CAD program
- 1+ Experience working to develop or improve designs or processes
- High level of workmanship
- Team player
Compensation & Benefits
Development Engineering Technician:
[Natick, MA Zone]
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world’s experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world’s top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don’t meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!