Menlo Park, California
6 month growth↑ 11%
1 year growth↑ 34%
2 year growth↑ 143%
- 1-2 years’ experience in Material Management biotech, life sciences or pharma industry
- Familiarity and comfort with working in a small start-up environment
- Experience with domestic and international shipping and associated packaging and documentation requirements
- Ability to set and manage duties and tasks independently and use sound judgement in making decisions
- Experience working with integrated ERP & LIMS systems with NetSuite knowledge being a definite plus
- Experience using a Forklift
- Valid California Driver’s License
- College degree preferred
- Processing accurate PO receipts in ERP system
- Supporting Sample Receiving process(s)
- Kan-Ban distribution of Stock to Point of Use locations throughout labs
- Tagging & labeling incoming stock items and put-away
- Managing item disposition per QC status in stockroom
- Maintaining incoming/outgoing shipment log
- Interacting with purchasing department to reconcile shipping discrepancies
- Performing cycle count of stock materials
- Maintaining Item Master records and managing inventory within an ERP system
- Preparing and processing outbound shipments, domestic & international
- Interacting with freight and logistics carriers to schedule pick-up and deliveries
- Working with finance to reconcile PO and packing slips
- Authoring and refining written SOPs for work responsibilities
- Initiating purchase requisitions as required
- Coordinating work with 3rd party contract warehouse support personnel
- Moderate lifting involved
- Occasional work with items that are frozen and refrigerated
- Occasional work with Blood Samples
- College degree
Do you want to join one of the fastest-growing molecular diagnostics companies to help transform prenatal and oncology diagnostics that can affect millions of patient lives?
BillionToOne, ranked at the top 5% of Y Combinator companies with $300M+ in funding from prominent VC firms, has developed a DNA molecular counter that increases cfDNA diagnostic resolution by over 1,000 fold. BillionToOne’s first product, UNITY™ is the first and only non-invasive prenatal test that can directly screen an unborn baby and assess its risk for common and severe recessive gene disorders and chromosomal abnormalities, as well as fetal sex and fetal antigens, from a single tube of blood from the pregnant mother without paternal testing.
In 2023, BillionToOne launched two liquid biopsy products that will markedly improve oncology treatment and care. With Northstar Select™, clinicians will be able to select cancer therapies that will be most effective to each patient based on their individual genetic makeup. Northstar Response™ will enable clinicians to monitor a patient’s early response to these cancer therapies, by measuring minute changes in their ctDNA, which can reduce ineffective treatments and unwanted toxicity, lower costs, and substantially improve clinical outcomes.
The Material Handler I will manage receipts and shipments of laboratory supplies and business materials. The Material Handler I will work directly with the Purchasing, Lab, and Finance departments to store, track and reconcile all materials. This is an onsite position at both our Menlo Park & Union City facilities and will require travel to either site during the week. This position reports to the Senior Director of Supply Chain.
- Processing accurate PO receipts in ERP system.
- Support Sample Receiving process(s).
- Kan-Ban distribution of Stock to Point of Use locations throughout labs.
- Tagging & labeling incoming stock items and put-away.
- Managing item disposition per QC status in stockroom.
- Maintaining incoming/outgoing shipment log.
- Interact with purchasing department to reconcile shipping discrepancies.
- Perform cycle count of stock materials.
- Maintain Item Master records and manage inventory within an ERP system.
- Prepare and process outbound shipments, domestic & international.
- Interact with freight and logistics carriers to schedule pick-up and deliveries.
- Work with finance to reconcile PO and packing slips .
- Author and refine written SOPs for work responsibilities .
- Initiate purchase requisitions as required.
- Coordinate work with 3rd party contract warehouse support personnel.
- Moderate lifting is involved.
- Occasional work with items that are frozen and refrigerated.
- Occasional work with Blood Samples.
- 1-2 years’ experience in Material Management biotech, life sciences or pharma industry.
- Candidate must be familiar and comfortable with working in a small start-up environment and adaptable to working with all levels of the organization.
- The successful candidate will be a customer focused proven self-starter, energetic, timely and organized team player with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with domestic and international shipping and associated packaging and documentation requirements.
- Ability to set and manage duties and tasks independently and use sound judgement in making decisions.
- Candidates should have experience working with integrated ERP & LIMS systems with NetSuite knowledge being a definite plus.
- Experience using a Forklift.
- All candidates must have a valid California Driver’s License.
- College degree preferred.
Benefits And Perks:
- Working with a team of ‘rockstars’ who bring out the best in everyone
- Open, transparent culture that includes weekly Town Hall meetings
- The ability to indirectly or directly change the lives of hundreds of thousand patients
- Multiple medical benefit options; employee premiums paid 100% of select plans, dependents covered at 80%
- Extremely generous Family Bonding Leave for new parents (16 weeks, paid at 100%)
- Retirement savings program including a 4% Company match
- Free daily on-site lunches provided from top eateries
- Latest and greatest hardware (laptop, lab equipment, facilities)
- A variety of perks on campus (state of the art gym, restaurant)
- Free on-site EV charging (compatible with all EVs, including Tesla)
At BillionToOne, we are proud to offer a combination of (1) competitive base pay, (2) the opportunity for professional growth, and (3) industry leading company benefits (free healthcare options, 401k match, very generous fully paid parental leave etc.).
For this position, the base pay rate is: $25 per hour.
BillionToOne is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.