Posted on 5/26/2022
New York, NY, USA
- 5+ years of professional experience in accounting, including experience in a leadership role & public accounting. CPA license preferred
- Experience in the design and implementation of new accounting systems and processes
- Strong, comprehensive understanding of US GAAP
- A strong leader able to develop and motivate a team, collaborate across departments, work closely with leadership, and take initiative
- An excellent communicator, both written and verbally
- An expert in multi-tasking with the ability to manage several high-priority projects simultaneously
- Detail-oriented and analytical-you produce high-quality work while meeting tight deadline
- Develop and implement strategies to improve accounting processes for capitalization of equipment and software development and accounting system configurations
- In conjunction with the Controller & Assistant Controller lead and support timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial close, including assigned journal entries, and balance sheet account reconciliations for accrued expenses, fixed assets, & cap software
- Review account reconciliations and supporting schedules ensuring compliance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to support key company initiatives
- Manage the external audit processes for annual financial statement audits
- Work with the finance leadership team to implement SOX
Clearbanc provides growth capital for web-enabled businesses through its 20-minute term sheet.
- Food and beverage
- Unlimited PTO
- Comprehensive benefits
- Continued education
- CLEAR membership
- Diversity and Inclusion counsel
- Sprint demos and hackathons
- Innovation guild
- On-site gym
- Embrace change - Our growth requires that we EMBRACE CHANGE. We pivot to overcome roadblocks and we are transparent on why decisions are made.
- Own it - CLEAR is an organization of doers. We OWN IT by solving problems even if they 'aren't ours to solve' and commit to seeing them all the way through.
- Our great people - From our ambassadors in the field, to our corporate team members, OUR GREAT PEOPLE are at the heart of all that we do. And because we believe that great people know other great people, we offer generous referral incentives.
- Obsessed with member experience - We are OBSESSED WITH MEMBER EXPERIENCE. Our members include our corporate business partners as well as our internal and external customers. We love hearing from our members so that we can continuously improve and come back better for them every day.
- Speak up - We believe in challenging fearlessly and embracing the brutal truth. We SPEAK UP by displaying honesty to our customers, our team members, and ourselves.
- Indefatigable - If the word 'No' simply means 'Not yet' then you may be ready to join the INDEFATIGABLE. To be indefatigable is to tirelessly pursue your goals with passion.
- Bias for action - Making no decision is worse than making the wrong one. We encourage our team members to have a BIAS FOR ACTION, using data to make calculated decisions. We have confidence in our decisions and learn from our mistakes.