Acoustic Engineering Intern - Perceptual Distortion Metrics, RL
Posted on 2/2/2022
Cupertino, CA, USA
- Currently has or is in process of obtaining MS. in Acoustics, Physics, or EE
- Completed coursework on signal processing, system identification
- Understanding and interest around psychoacoustics
- Programming skills in Matlab/Python
- Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Identify, write, validate, and compare distortion limited based maximum output metrics
- Analyze and demonstrate device level acoustic limitations based on various metrics
- Develop association between distortion metrics and user experience
- Experience controlling devices through command line
- Understanding of real-time systems
- Familiar with hybrid noise cancellation concepts
- Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship
Parent company of Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, & more
Meta's mission is to make the world more open and connected— and give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.
Company Core Values
- Give People a Voice - People deserve to be heard and to have a voice — even when that means defending the right of people we disagree with.
- Serve Everyone - We work to make technology accessible to everyone, and our business model is ads so our services can be free.
- Promote Economic Opportunity - Our tools level the playing field so businesses grow, create jobs and strengthen the economy.
- Build Connection and Community - Our services help people connect, and when they’re at their best, they bring people closer together.
- Keep People Safe and Protect Privacy - We have a responsibility to promote the best of what people can do together by keeping people safe and preventing harm.