Global Immigration Manager
Posted on 8/4/2022
Canada • Remote
- 8+ years experience in global immigration; European experience is required, inclusive of Posted Worker Directive compliance
- Demonstrated success independently managing a global immigration program
- Strong analytical and project management skills with proven track record to thrive in ambiguity, design and communicate clear processes, and a detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem solving
- You are an empathetic and clear communicator; you have the ability to distill complex regulations and processes to partners who are not familiar with immigration matters and have outstanding discretion when handling sensitive and/or confidential information
- Strong bias for action and not afraid to “roll up your sleeves”
- Build and manage a scalable global immigration program that delivers a premium experience to employees while guaranteeing adherence with existing and changing laws and regulations
- Manage vendor relationships to ensure compliance with service level agreements, contract fees, adherence to budgets and escalate concerns
- Develop and continuously improve program policies and processes while maintaining up to date knowledge of immigration regulations and changes globally
- Conduct reviews of immigration data, processes and policies to identify gaps, draft policy and process revisions and ensure audit-readiness
- Facilitate training and develop resources and tools to educate internal partners on immigration policies, processes and updates
- Provide consultations to employees and cross-functional team members (i.e. People Business Partners, Talent, Mobility, Managers and Leadership) on immigration and global mobility-related matters
- Collaborate cross-functionally to develop programs and policies on immigration dependencies related to Global Mobility
- Provide critical subject matter expertise for corporate development activity, i.e., mergers and acquisitions and global expansion efforts
Point of sale installment loans for consumers
Affirm seeks to deliver honest financial products—to improve lives. The company operates a buy-now-pay-later platform for consumers at the point of sale.
- Spending wallets: Access tech, food, lifestyle, and family planning wallets for your expenses
- Supportive communities: Get involved with our employee resource groups and community groups
- Remote-first workforce: If your role is remote, you can set up shop anywhere in your home country
- Generous time off: Take the time you need when life happens
- Health benefits: Get a plan that fits your needs
- Mental healthcare: Take care of your mind with great mental health programs
- Parental leave: Birth and non-birth parents get 18 weeks paid leave. Plus, a 4-week return-to-work transition program, at full base pay.
- Compensation: We have a simple, flexible, and transparent remote-first compensation structure so you can make the best decisions for yourself and your family.
- Away days: We offer 24 company-wide paid days off—which help our teams collectively pause to recharge.
- Learning & development: Engage in exciting learning programs to level up your growth.
- People come first: We consider our impact on people’s lives before we think about our own interests.
- No fine print: We are completely transparent and honest—with our customers and with each other.
- It's on us: We take full accountability for our actions, never shirking responsibility or passing the buck.
- Simpler is better: We make complex things simple and clear.
- Push the envelope: We never stop innovating, taking smart risks, and raising the bar.