Does a fast-paced environment, rapid growth and the opportunity to drive your own career with the support of a world-class organization sound appealing? If so, we have just the opportunity for you!
To reach our ambitious growth goals, we are looking for a Vice President of Finance for Nortal’s North American business to join our Kirkland, WA-based North American Team. Nortal is a leading digital transformation company founded in Estonia. The country is globally recognized as the most digital society in the world. With 60% of their digital system having been built by Nortal since the early 2000’s, Nortal’s vision of building a seamless society is deeply rooted in their origins. Twenty-three years later, Nortal is now a successful and growing, global consultancy of 2000 experts in 20 locations across Europe, the Middle East, and North America. In fact, our presence in the US and Canadian markets dates to 2016, and since then we have established ourselves as a key strategic partner for over a dozen Fortune 200 clients. Self-described as a company that is “small enough to care, but big enough to scale,” we help leading healthcare institutions, governments, and businesses achieve long-term success via sustainable growth, improved efficiency, and agility.
Reporting to the Group CFO and actively partnering with the CEO for North America, the Vice President of Finance is responsible for providing both strategic and tactical financial leadership for a portfolio of business expected to scale above $100M in the next 2-3 years. You will be responsible for financial planning and analysis, financial reports, company audits, compliance, managing risk, and maintaining and developing bank relationships. Providing insights to the senior leadership team on both financial and broad-based business issues and ensuring a solid financial foundation for growth (organically and through M&A) are also crucial in this role. M&A execution and post-deal integration plans will also form part of this mandate. Leading and developing a team of Finance Business Partners, Controllers and Accountants will be second nature to you.
- Provide high quality business performance reporting, insight and constructive challenge to facilitate robust commercial and operational decision making.
- Assist in the strategic planning, annual budgeting and forecast cycles.
- Create, coordinate, and evaluate the financial programs and supporting information systems of the company to include internal controls, budgeting, tax planning and conservation of assets.
- Develop performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction.
- Manage treasury, finance, accounting and compliance functions with the necessary processes and internal controls to safeguard the corporate assets.
- Participate in retirement plan fiduciary oversight.
- Oversee the preparation of financial statements, financial reports, special analyses, and information reports, including oversight of the annual audit and tax process.
- Analyze cash flow, cost controls, and expenses to guide business leaders and pinpoint potential weak areas.
- Maintain capital partner relationships and arrange for debt and equity financing.
- Assist with mergers and acquisitions in all stages of the acquisition, from performing due diligence, drafting and negotiating definitive documentation, closing transactions to post closing integration.
- Managing bank relationships.
- Provide first-line legal support for contracts to which Nortal is a party. Draft, review, and revise other contracts and policies as needed.
- Draft and work with Group and/or outside counsel on all shareholder agreements, operating agreements and any matter relating to legal compliance of the business.
- Maintain and manage all corporate insurance programs.
- Oversee the IT infrastructure and Information Security Program, which includes developing, documenting, implementing the program and conducting bi-annual reviews to ensure compliance with the program.
- Following Group IT management policies, maintain minimum mandatory risk-based technical, operational and management information security control requirements.
- Responsible for planning, designing, implementing and maintaining Company-wide compliance and audit programs, policies and procedures that provide the basis for ensuring adequate internal controls and compliance with all laws and regulatory requirements applicable to the Company, its products, operations and associates.
- Collaborate with and educate internal teams to improve their financial performance and capability
What you will need
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, with an MBApreferred.
- 15+ years finance and accounting experience, with 7-10 operating at a senior leadership level.
- Proven ability to manage, mentor and develop high-performing teams.
- Capacity and willingness to communicate and be a part of cross border team.
- A strong network in the marketplace to promote the Nortal brand and enhance Nortal’s culture of respect and inclusion, both internally and externally.
Nortal is a privately held, multinational strategic change and technology company. Combining the unique experience of transforming Estonia into a digital leader and creating change in businesses with a strategic approach and data-driven technology, their vision is to build “The Future Delivered. Seamlessly.” Nortal operates out of 20 offices in 10 countries and employs ~2000 specialists who carry out high-impact projects across Europe, the Nordics, the Middle East, and North America. Competencies include customized and scalable software development and solution delivery specific to consulting, product and CX, data engineering, digital commerce, DevOps, IoT and Edge, cyber and cloud.
The ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with customers in person is essential for success in this position. In this role, travel or in-person work may be required depending on your client engagement or internal meetings/events.
Prolonged periods sitting or standing at a desk and working on a computer.
The base salary range for this role is between $175,000 and $225,000. Actual compensation for all roles will be based upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer.
Nortal - Americas Is an Equal Opportunity Employer and All Qualified Applicants Will Receive Consideration for Employment Without Regard to Race, Color, Religion, Sex, National Origin, Disability Status, Protected Veteran Status, Or Any Other Characteristic Protected by Law.