Senior Software Engineer, Backend (Buyer API)
Posted on 2/2/2022
Remote • United States
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Passion for working with cross-functional teams including Product, Design, Analytics and Business teams
- Ability to synthesize complex business, product, and technical requirements to consistently produce high quality system designs and software
- Experience succeeding as the technical lead of a large, potentially ambiguous project involving multiple stakeholders and contributors
- A humble team-player who places the needs of others first, participates in the development of peers on the team, and mentors and guides more junior members in areas where they may have less experience
- Work with product and engineering managers to identify and plan projects based on the team goals and resources
- Drive detailed project definition, design, cross-functional alignment, estimation, in addition to task break-down, delivery, monitoring, and maintenance
- Consistently generate simple and elegant designs, and write high-quality code that can be easily understood and leveraged by others
- Build relationships with people across engineering and other organizations for the design, implementation, roll-out and maintenance of projects
- Actively participate in making your team and workplace an inclusive environment for people from all backgrounds
- Exposure to any of the following technologies is a plus, but not required: API development, Python, MySql, ElasticSearch, AWS, Docker, and Flask/Celery
Point of sale installment loans for consumers
Affirm seeks to deliver honest financial products—to improve lives. The company operates a buy-now-pay-later platform for consumers at the point of sale.
- Spending wallets: Access tech, food, lifestyle, and family planning wallets for your expenses
- Supportive communities: Get involved with our employee resource groups and community groups
- Remote-first workforce: If your role is remote, you can set up shop anywhere in your home country
- Generous time off: Take the time you need when life happens
- Health benefits: Get a plan that fits your needs
- Mental healthcare: Take care of your mind with great mental health programs
- Parental leave: Birth and non-birth parents get 18 weeks paid leave. Plus, a 4-week return-to-work transition program, at full base pay.
- Compensation: We have a simple, flexible, and transparent remote-first compensation structure so you can make the best decisions for yourself and your family.
- Away days: We offer 24 company-wide paid days off—which help our teams collectively pause to recharge.
- Learning & development: Engage in exciting learning programs to level up your growth.
Company Core Values
- People come first: We consider our impact on people’s lives before we think about our own interests.
- No fine print: We are completely transparent and honest—with our customers and with each other.
- It's on us: We take full accountability for our actions, never shirking responsibility or passing the buck.
- Simpler is better: We make complex things simple and clear.
- Push the envelope: We never stop innovating, taking smart risks, and raising the bar.