Applied Materials, Inc. is the global leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. At Applied Materials, our innovations make possible the technology shaping the future.
Applied Materials’ World Wide Operations Manufacturing is searching for a Manufacturing Technician Intern to join our team in Summer of 2023! This internship will provide you with hands on experience in electro-mechanical assembly and modular test. You will be working in our manufacturing facility building the future today!
The team is hoping to have the intern start in Summer of 2023 and work full time with overtime. There is the possibility of converting to a full-time employee upon graduation from their degree program.
The position will be onsite in a cleanroom environment and entail the following:
• Performs a variety of routine electro-mechanical assembly operations, troubleshooting and repair. Adjusts, aligns and/or performs "Go / No-Go" tests using test fixtures or non-diagnostic electronic testing devices. Identifies and corrects errors. Retests.
• Utilizes routine work orders, schematics, wiring diagrams, parts, and wire lists, written and/or verbal instructions to build, repair and/or test electrical, electro-mechanical, vacuum, pneumatic assemblies, sub-assemblies, and components.
• Utilizes test fixtures, electronic measurement equipment, leak detectors, and/or vacuum pumps to test assemblies, sub-assemblies, and components. Enters data on computer terminal, such as progress, work expense and labor details.
• Details finished work. Receives parts and performs audits to ensure all necessary parts are available to perform built, test and repair. Inspects parts for defects. Troubleshoots and improves processes.
• Maintains a secure, safe, clean, and healthy work environment. Attends required health and safety training, and follows safety and security policies, procedures, and practices. Promptly reports accidents, injuries, safety hazards, or emergencies to supervisor or Safety department. Follows operating instructions, uses protective equipment when required, and uses equipment and materials properly. Actively strives to prevent accidents and injuries.
• Maintains cleanliness of work area and ensures proper handling of tools, equipment, and stock to prevent loss or injury. Details finished work by removing fingerprints, etc. and then properly packages to prevent damage in transportation or storage.
• Performs other duties and/or completes training as required by Supervisor.
• Student must be pursuing an Associates of Applied Science degree program in Electronics, Manufacturing, Engineering, or a related field.
• Experience in semiconductor processing or manufacturing preferred.
• Student must be in good academic standing at their college, with a GPA of 2.0 or above on a 4.0 scale.
• Quick learner.
• Work will be performed in a clean room environment.
• Shift work may be required.
$20 - $22 per hour.
The salary offered to a selected candidate will be based on a number of factors including location and education level and will vary depending on confirmed job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Years of Experience:
Yes, 10% of the Time
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.