Software Engineering Co-op (Fall)
Posted on 5/10/2022
Toronto, ON, Canada
Google Cloud Platform
- Ideally majoring in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or a similar math or science based major
- Strong preference for 3rd & 4th year students
- Hands on experience with PostgreSQL and MongoDB is a big plus
- Strong attention to detail
- You are proactive in finding solutions to problems
- You can collaborate and communicate strongly
- You want to make a difference and have an impact
- Bonus points if you have worked with cloud providers such as AWS, Azure or GCP
- Ownership over a standalone project with support from your teammates and mentor
- Develop great product experience while leveraging the latest front end and back end technologies. We are managing over 10 different applications across several business units so our tech stack is complex
- Work closely with other team members to develop features and improve our codebase
- Discuss, help, plan and prepare features to be worked on with the team
- Deliver high quality and well tested code
- Can tackle an ownable, real-world project and present key findings to the HomeX team
- Participate in team meetings - share ideas and help brainstorm solutions
- Participate in regular employee orientation, with introductions to each of our business units and key functions
- Weekly meetups with deep dives into the inner workings of specific projects and teams, from sales operations to content strategy and more
- Dedicated mentorship from a senior team member, in addition to your direct manager
- End-of-term capstone presentation, where you get to show off your project to folks across the company
- Inclusion in all HomeX employee events, including (virtual) socials and monthly All Hands presentations
One-stop shop for expert home support
HomeX believes home service should work better for everyone, all the time.
- Competitive compensation packages
- Performance-based incentives
- Competitive benefits
- Innovation - We bring our most inventive ideas to the table, and those ideas can come from any HomeXer, in any role.
- Solution Building - We're never afraid to fail if it helps us get to the right solution faster.
- Teamwork - We leave our egos at the door and collaborate with respect and open minds to reach our goals.