Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
California, USA • Remote
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance / Accounting, or related discipline
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification preferred
- 7+ years of experience in payroll operations, operating at a global, multi-national, publicly-traded company
- Workday Payroll experience preferred
- Expert knowledge of US federal, state, and local payroll regulations, including payroll tax, reporting, and required filings
- Strong organizational, change management and execution skills, along with ability to prioritize and drive multiple tasks simultaneously
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Eagerness to learn and willingness to take on new challenges
- Ability to attract, develop, re-skill, motivate, and manage a high-performing and high-potential team
- Experience with process improvement and redesign
- Responsible for timely and accurate payroll processing for the US, Canada, and LATAM in compliance with local tax and labor regulations including variable pay, equity, or other supplemental/non-recurring items
- Drive, review and audit work performed by AMER payroll team, including auditing payroll data, ensuring accurate wages, tax withholdings, deductions, and garnishments
- Reconcile quarterly and year-end payroll tax returns for federal, state and local taxes, as required. Researches and resolves any issues related to tax return filings, penalty notices, garnishments, timecards, etc
- Manage third-party vendors and the preparation, analysis and maintenance of all payroll related reports, including governmental and regulatory filings, and payroll and benefit reconciliations
- Support special projects, including process documentation and improvements, system updates, integrations, upgrades or implementations
- Lead the implementation of SOX, designing and maintaining strong internal controls in the Payroll Process
- Develop a continuous culture of mentorship, process improvement, training, and access in the payroll organization. Attract, develop, motivate, and manage a high-performing and high-potential team. Sets annual goals and develops effective career and development paths
Full-scale data streaming platform
Confluent's mission is to create a new paradigm for real-time data streaming to help organizations set data in motion. The company builds tech-enables data manipulation tools.
- Best Teammates on Planet Earth - Loving your job has a lot to do with the people around you. Luckily at Confluent, you will find some of the most genuine people who make you excited to come to work each day.
- Adjustable Working Arrangements - While most of our employees work typical business hours, we encourage everyone to partner with their manager to make a schedule that works best for them and Confluent.
- Robust Benefits - Health and wellness is important and Confluent is proud to offer a total benefits program that ranks in the top percentile of companies similar in size to our industry in our established geographies.
- Rest and Recharge Days - Personal time off is great but it is even better when your whole team has the day. Each quarter, teams have three recharge days where the entire team logs off and refreshes before coming back to work.
- Weekly Lunch Spend - At Confluent, we have a weekly lunch program called “No Pay Thursday.” On Thursdays, lunch is provided by Confluent at local restaurants and grocery stores, taxes may apply for some countries.
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) - Confluent employees work really hard to meet the needs of our growing and scaling business. To make sure that we don’t burn out, we encourage everyone to balance their PTO in an adequate way.
Company Core Values
- Earn Our Customers' Love
- To Build a Great Company, Build a Great Team
- Smart, Humble, and Empathetic
- Be Fired up and Get It Done
- Tasteful not Wasteful
- One Team