Starship Vehicle Lead
Posted on 10/19/2022
Brownsville, TX, USA
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering, math, or physics related discipline; or 5+ years of professional experience in a technical aerospace or manufacturing role in lieu of a degree
- Previous experience managing technical teams
- 3+ years of experience managing projects or technical trades
- Experience with interdisciplinary project management across many departments. Interdisciplinary engineering fundamentals and multidisciplinary project execution is the key to success in this role
- Experience developing and presenting executive summaries of status to drive decision making
- 5+ years experience managing projects or technical trades
- Willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- Frequent travel required
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Responsible for developing the overall program schedule, product definition, technical and performance trades, resource definition and mission success
- Responsible to reporting overall program status and critical path items to management, executives, and the department for alignment
- Translation of design intent/goals in the context of various design teams language as well as to the greater public/production
- Identify and own projects and processes that improve overall program success and progress
- Manage the fleet of vehicles (both vehicles in build and active vehicles)
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.