San Jose, California
6 month growth↑ 0%
1 year growth↑ 1%
2 year growth↑ 5%
- Experience in firmware validation for SSD products
- Understanding of SATA/NVMe SSD system design and firmware algorithms
- Proficiency in modern object-oriented languages
- Knowledge of storage protocols like NVMe and NAND Flash memory
- Software programming skills in Python, C, and C++
- Strong debugging skills
- Fundamentals of electrical engineering principles
- Ability to work under pressure for quick resolution and delivery
- Creating firmware design verification plans
- Implementing firmware design verification plans
- Working with validation engineers on feature verification
- Writing scripts for automating tasks in storage projects
- Conducting failure analysis for issues encountered in validation testing
- Understanding and working with storage protocols and NAND Flash memory
- Knowledge of networking protocols
- Soft skills such as excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to develop key relationships
WD SSD products must be validated in house to assure that products shipped will meet OEM quality requirements. We need an experienced Firmware validation engineer to understand SATA/NVMe SSD’s system design and firmware algorithms in order to create a firmware design verification plans and implement them in modern object oriented languages.
- Work with the validation engineers on any feature verification that is needed during the current execution of the project.
- Writing scripts for automating some of the tasks with storage project to improve efficiency.
- Doing the failure analysis for the issues run in validation testing.
- Able to understand the storage protocols (like NVMe) and how overall NAND Flash memory.
- Knowledge in software programming in Python, Networking protocols
- Strong programming knowledge & debugging skills in Python, C and C++.
- Soft skills, Excellent written and verbal skills, be a Team player.
- Fundamentals of electrical engineering principles, CMOS etc.
- Able to develop key relationships.
- Be able to work in pressure for quick resolution and delivery.