Turning Space into a Transportation Layer for Earth
Who We Are:
Inversion was founded in 2021 with the mission to build the first affordable, high cadence return capability for the commercial and defense space industries. With launching to space becoming cheap and frequent, comparable options for return must become available to allow for a robust economy in space. We believe in a future where returning from space is as common as launching to space. Inversion is building reentry vehicles faster and cheaper than ever before through a focus on simplicity.
This next-generation class of space vehicle will finally be able to provide high-frequency return of research, goods, supplies, and equipment that is critical for all future commercial activities and supply chains in space. With launch costs at an all-time low and dropping, now is the time to build these round-trip capabilities. Inversion has ambitious goals with strong financial backing to make this a reality.
What You’ll Do:
You will own the strategy and tactics of working with NASA to provide then brand new capabilities!
- Identify, build and maintain strategic relationships within NASA.
- Source, reach out to, and close NASA customers.
- Inform GA team on NASA interests
- Attend conferences, symposiums, etc., showcasing Inversion’s capabilities.
- Lead all pipeline and forecasting efforts that inform company strategy and planning.
- Facilitate technical partnerships between Inversion and NASA.
- Take ownership over a portfolio of business development relationships with key enterprises.
- Disseminate customer feedback and work with the engineering team to shape product direction.
- Synthesize complex information and make actionable recommendations to the leadership team.
- Manage the sales pipeline and close deals. Manage proposal planning, preparation and submission.
What It Takes:
Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or a related field.
10+ years of experience engaging with NASA.
2+ years of experience in a customer-facing role.
What We’d Love:
- Experience working with or selling to commercial companies
- Experience on ISS, Gateway, or re-entry programs
- Experience with in Human rated systems
- Financial modeling and forecasting experience.
- Proposal development, writing and best practices experience.
- Experience carrying a revenue quota as an individual contributor.
- Experience with hardware, communications, or networking technologies.
- Experience at an early-stage technology startup that went to scale.
- Highly effective and professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends if needed.
Where You’ll Be:
- Our office headquarters is located in Torrance, CA. All jobs require you to work onsite unless otherwise stated in the job description.
- If working remote is an option, other major metropolitan locations in the U.S. with relevance to the space industry may be possible.
- Travel may be required (up to 40%) for this role.
Hiring Manager’s Note:I’m stoked to expand the BD team at Inversion! NASA represents significant long term growth for Inversion, so this role will be critical! This role will work directly alongside me to meet with customers, write proposals, and be the engine of growth for Inversion. Let’s make space a transportation layer for Earth!
~Justin Fiaschetti, CEO
The California annual base salary for this role is currently $120,000 - $220,000. Pay Grades are determined by role, level, location, and alignment with market data. Individual pay will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: interviews and an assessment of several factors that are unique to each candidate, job-related skills, relevant education and experience, certifications, abilities of the candidate and internal equity.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Inversion provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, or disability.