Starlink Operations Specialist - 2nd Shift
Posted on 2/21/2022
West Athens, CA, USA
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 2+ years of experience in a manufacturing/production role or experience using ERP, MES, quality systems or SQL
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in engineering
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing/production role
- Experience developing custom software, ERP/MES systems and dashboards
- Excellent communication - written and verbal
- Competency with SQL databases and ability to write SQL queries
- Lean manufacturing training and experience applying to real-world production problems
- Must be able to work all shifts, overtime and/or weekends as needed. Estimated shift time: 2nd shift: 3:30 PM - 2 AM
- Standing for long periods of time, climbing up and down ladders, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, and stretching may be required to perform the functions of this position
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs unassisted
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Perform hands-on liaison role between production engineering and operations teams, to ensure smooth rollout and maintenance of tools such as MES, dashboards, and quality systems
- Respond to emergent production and quality issues by performing root cause analysis, containment scope assessments, and physically accounting for hardware in the factory
- Identify and resolve issues with data integrity by monitoring and auditing production line buffers, inventory racks, and other hardware locations
- Maintain dashboards and other reporting tools by owning hard-coded inputs, working with software team to implement new features and logic, and physically setting up new dashboard displays
- Refine manufacturing processes by performing cycle time studies and presenting data to engineering team
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities for yield, performance and cost
- Own the digital factory configuration, including creating and changing MES records to match area layout, and keeping build documentation up to date with latest hardware configuration
- Find opportunities to automate existing business processes, and support the development, testing and rollout of new tools
- Implement visual factory standards such as signage, WIP/inventory levels and 5S features
- Manage small projects involving multiple parties and teams
- Create presentations and deliver training for production personnel and leadership
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.