Manager – Core Firmware Validation
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
San Carlos, CA, USA
- Experience leading the testing and release management of high assurance software
- Experience with testing and integration of systems comprised of multiple interconnected embedded platforms
- Experience with project, task, and performance management of a team of test engineers
- 3+ years of engineering management experience
- Experience tackling complex configuration management challenges
- Experience with software-in-the-loop and hardware-in-the-loop testing strategies
- Python proficiency, including experience with one or more python-based test frameworks
- Lead a group of component verification and validation engineers and be responsible for the team's strategy, productivity, and impact within Firmware as well as Zoox as a whole
- Provide discipline and rigor in the application of industry best practices around test design, test development, test automation, defect management, and reporting
- Refine, propagate, and promote the best practices of firmware validation teams, elevating the firmware validation activities across Zoox
- Coaching and career development, enabling team members to grow individually and in their ability to execute on complex V&V activities together
- Review and refine firmware requirements in the interest of testability
- Manage the transition between component-level V&V and vehicle-level V&V
- C++ expertise
- Automotive-centric software frameworks (e.g. AUTOSAR), development/process standards (e.g. MISRA, ASPICE) and physical interfaces/protocols (Automotive Ethernet, CAN bus, UDS/DoIP/DoCAN)
- Validation of bootloaders, secure boot, secure firmware update (e.g. OTA)
- Validation of embedded real-time and POSIX operating systems and applications built upon them
- Experience with one or more functional safety standards (e.g., ISO 26262, IEC 62304, IEC 61508, DO-178)
Self driving car robotics company
Zoox is reinventing personal transportation—making the future safer, cleaner, and more enjoyable for everyone. The company is building the infrastructure for self-driving cars.
- Health Insurance
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Vacation & Paid Time Off
- Sick Days
- Free Lunch or Snacks
- Employee Assitance Program
Company Core Values
- We're doing one thing that will change everything.
- It's bigger than any of us.
- One Zoox, one crew.
- Every day is a milestone.