Senior Software Engineer
Posted on 8/30/2022
Burlingame, CA, USA
- 5+ years' engineering experience creating content using a major game engine such as Roblox, Unity or Unreal
- A strong track record driving engineering efforts for complex and ambitious projects
- Extensive experience leveraging Lua/Luau, C# or C++ to build elegant systems that conform with best engineering practices
- Strong communications skills and confidence translating your expertise into focused technical advice for diverse audiences including engineers, designers and product managers
- An understanding of the Roblox ecosystem with a drive to become an expert on the unique challenges and opportunities of development on the platform
- A history of active participation in developer or open source communities and a passion for promoting best practices
- Develop deep subject matter expertise on the Roblox platform, Roblox Studio and best development practices
- Help drive the onboarding strategy for high potential development teams with a combination of direct support and resources
- Provide in-depth engineering consulting and support to development teams including but not limited to project audits, architecture consulting and code assistance
- Identify opportunities to use reference code and systems to support developers at scale, and design, build and document these projects in Roblox Studio
- Consult with internal product teams to identify roadblocks and challenges development teams onboarding to the platform face
- Partner with in-house technical writers to highlight and drive improvements to Roblox's documentation and onboarding resources
- Explore long term strategies to support and onboard developers in automated, interactive or contextual ways
Game platform and game creation system
Roblox’s mission is to bring the world together through play. They enable anyone to imagine, create, and have fun with friends as they explore millions of immersive 3D experiences, all built by a global community of developers.
- Benefits and Perks - The health and well-being of our employees and their families is our top priority. We offer robust and comprehensive programs with variety to best meet your needs.
- Well-Being Benefits - With flexible time off and a bi-annual, company-wide spring/summer recharge, Roblox knows how to balance working hard with winding down.
- Financial Benefits - Competitive compensation packages, 401(k) matching, and flexible share incentives that let you choose how to share in our success.
- Health and Wellness - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, family planning resources, and 12 weeks off for all new parents.
- Flexible Workplace - Our hybrid work schedule balances working onsite and working remotely. Enjoy daily lunch and an in-house fitness center when working from our San Mateo headquarters.
Company Core Values
- Inspire Others
- Work Hard
- Respect the Community
- Get Stuff Done