Posted on 4/20/2022
- Developing and implementing frameworks for complex issues like cryptocurrency compensation and international operations
- Investigating R&D Lab-related Legal matters that align with Protocol Labs global, remote, and distributed mission, vision, and roadmap
- Proactively charting PL legal strategy
- Respond vigorously to challenges
- Considerable responsibility as the front-line contact for the business on a day-to-day basis for legal issues and requests
- Implementing and maintaining our contract management systems
- Project managing multiple complex cross-functional workstreams
- Interface with and optimize expert external counsel
- Track record of demonstrating good judgement
- Creative approach to solving challenging problems
- J.D. from an accredited U.S. law school
- Experience at a top corporate law firm
- Proven track record of learning and adapting quickly, thinking rigorously, and working proactively and independently
- Desire to create robust, responsive legal processes that balance the need to protect a company with the necessity of moving quickly in a startup
- Adept at critical thinking & analysis of risk as well as pragmatic approach to mitigation and management of risk
- You have deal experience including fundraising and / or financing, venture, Corp Dev / M&A, and deal structuring
- Keen attention to detail and passion for getting things right
- Ability to communicate and empathize with business, engineering, and legal colleagues alike
- Excellent writing skills
- You're interested in and and comfortable with technology
- You have in-house experience at a high-growth tech company
- You have one year of experience (or many more) drafting and negotiating contracts or working on litigation
- You have global tax experience or knowledge
Open-source R&D lab with Web3 focus
Protocol Labs aims to make human existence orders of magnitude better through technology. The company is open-source research, development, and deployment laboratory, who's projects include IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, and more.
- Parental leave
- Contributions to your retirement
- Competitive pay and unlimited time off
- For U.S.-based employees: platinum-level health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.
- We are open source to the core: Open-source technology is at the core of all our projects and at the center of our philosophy.
- We are a global, remote workforce: Protocol Labs is a distributed company with no central office, working from home all over the world.
- We champion autonomy: We empower people to lead and take ownership of interesting, challenging problems.
- We welcome diverse ways of thinking: This is a team of talented, curious people of diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives.
- We are a startup lab:We mix fast-paced, growth-oriented startup culture, with deeply analytical, data driven research thinking.