Posted on 3/30/2022
Chicago, IL, USA
Development Operations (DevOps)
Google Cloud Platform
- You have 2+ years of experience in a DevOps role where the cloud infrastructure is your responsibility
- You have experience with AWS, in particular with ECS, RDS, SQS, VPC, and Elasticsearch/OpenSearch
- You have experience using Terraform as IaC
- You are comfortable with solving automation problems using higher level programming languages (Python, Shell, etc.) in conjunction with AWS/Azure/GCP APIs
- You support and collaborate with other engineering teams to help them deploy new services
- You have implemented monitoring and alerting solutions
- You can write systems that will scale beyond today's expected usage
- You are comfortable working at a scale up which moves fast with tight deadlines
- You collaborate well with others and are dedicated to the company's success
- You will design and develop software infrastructure systems that delight our Tech Team (engineers, designers, PMs, and data scientists)
- You will help build maintainable, scalable infrastructure using Terraform
- You will help teach the engineering group better practices
- You will treat the Tech Team as your customers, trying to understand their problems
- You will work with our support team to diagnose production issues and fix them as quickly as possible
- You will lay the groundwork for robust infrastructure monitoring and alerting
- You will be an active, creative, agile team member that pushes new features and code every iteration
Predict and prevent complex risks
Corvus' missioin is to make the world a safer place. Corvus is actively helping their policyholders to predict and prevent adverse events, as well as supplying the coverage that helps them withstand events when they do happen.
- Unlimited PTO
- Hybrid Work Environment
- Professional Development
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) Company Match
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Understand the Problem - Building a company efficiently and effectively requires a deep understanding of the root issues faced by our customers and team.
- Challenge the Status Quo - Becoming a leader in the commercial insurance industry requires questioning existing practices, thinking differently, and trying new things.
- Deliver Truth - Communicating transparently starts with honesty and the ability and avenues to convey it properly.
- Empower Everyone - Empowering people at all levels of the business allows anyone to act quickly and thoughtfully, impacting everything from customer service to software product delivery.
- Do the Right Thing - Acting with integrity fosters trust, builds reputation, and impacts all stakeholders.
- Be Proud of Insurance - Taking pride in a force for good needs no apology. You control the future of insurance.