Head of Strategy and Operations
Posted on 2/2/2022
- 15+ years of experience in strategy, management consulting, business operations, operations program management, finance or corporate strategy
- 8+ years people management experience and experience managing managers
- Experience working with customer-facing teams (e.g. customer support, sales, partnerships, professional services, etc.)
- Building and executing data-driven strategies for Operations (e.g. similar to GMs, success is measured through hitting metrics targets)
- Scoping and executing large, multi-quarter projects to provide our users and customer support agents with technology, training, and knowledge/workflows solutions that improve top-line metrics (e.g. CSAT, first response resolution, first response service-level agreement, contact rate, productivity, etc)
- Incubating new functions and processes for the Operations organization
- Experience building teams across multiple locations
- Ability to hire, train, and coach a high-performance operations team
- Ability to build relationships with cross-functional partners, especially with engineering and product management
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders with varying priorities and drive creative solutions and commitment to a shared goal
- Skilled at tackling ambiguous problems and defining and executing strategies that clarify the problems and deliver quantifiable business impact
- Strong critical thinking and data-analysis skills with experience navigating large data sets
- Experience with SQL or a willingness to learn
- Excellent communication skills with experience articulating complex topics in an easy-to-consume way
- A familiarity with APIs
Payment processing platform
Stripe's mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. Stripe is a technology company that builds economic infrastructure for the internet.
- Inclusive coverage - We provide a thoughtful and balanced set of benefits that allow Stripes to be their best selves and do great work. Whether that means offering comprehensive mental, physical, and medical health plans, supporting Stripes’ financial futures, providing fertility benefits and parental leave, or making sure Stripes have access to healthy food at the office, our robust programs put Stripes and their families first.
- Growth by way of learning - We are voracious learners and teachers. Our Education team delivers an onboarding and product training curriculum for all new Stripes, and hosts expert-led courses on things like project management fundamentals and macroeconomics. Beyond the formal program, Stripes are constantly sharing knowledge with each other through conversation, documentation, reading groups, and informal talks.
- A principled approach to food - The food program holds a special place in Stripe’s history and future. These Stripes come to our kitchen from a breadth of backgrounds and experiences, and focus on one proposition—respect. This is apparent not only in the local ingredients they work with or in the gracious, teamwork-driven buffet lines, but also in their approach to growing a global team through sustainable food practices and minimal waste.
Company Core Values
- An environment of growth
- Intentional communication
- Fast-paced, detail oriented
- Voraciously curious