Posted on 8/3/2022
Muncie, IN, USA
- Basic computer skills to include keyboarding. May need to be at rate of 8,000 kph
- Must possess English language skills (speak, read, write)
- Effective communication skills
- Basic problem solving skills and willingness to share ideas for improving the work
- Demonstrated ability to see color. May need to pass standardized color test
- Ability to use image enhancement software
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to lift up to 45 pounds following ergonomic standards
- Ability to work at the appropriate pace within the production team
- Ability to adapt to various situations, tasks and people
- Ability to adapt to continuous change with motivation and willingness to learn
- Ability to work in a dark environment
- Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques and/or knowledge of the production environment
- High School Diploma or GED
- Receive and open customer orders and enter customer information into business systems by keying and scanning
- Verify that customer images match accompanying paperwork; correct discrepancies
- Enhance images by retouching, editing, color correction using various internal and external software applications; using appropriate judgment and decision-making; meeting quality and productivity standards
- Enhance and produce products using various printing methods and equipment via mechanical processes
- Inspect final product for quality defects and accuracy. Complete assembly by boxing and adding accessories
- Expedite packages to maintain shipping service times are met via hand pack or operating a packing machine
- Complete final shipment preparation using various vendors and methods
- Use basic judgment, decision-making, problem identification, problem solving and standard work to meet individual and team quality and productivity standards within the production environment
- Use safe work habits including proper lifting, bending, pushing, pulling, squatting, twisting and driving techniques and adheres to all safety rules and guidelines
- Performs other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned
Shutterfly's purpose is to share life's joy by connecting people to what matters as the leading retailer and manufacturing platform for personalized products. By helping to capture, preserve and share life's joy, we connect people to what matters.
- Health and wellness - Our broad wellness programs are designed to help you and your family stay healthy, and help you take care of yourselves when you're not. Through extensive health and insurance options, you can make the choice that's right for you. Enrolled employees enjoy discounts on gym memberships and weight loss programs to help maintain a healthy lifestyle. With our Meal Takeout benefit, any employee on medical leave can be reimbursed up to $300 for meals.
- Financial rewards - Shutterfly, Inc. is comprised of hardworking, performance-oriented people. That's why we recognize and reward employee's contributions and achievements. Starting with competitive salaries, we help drive our high performance by offering opportunities for merit increases, bonus payouts, and stock ownership. We also provide safety nets for your financial security through traditional and Roth 401(k) retirement plans.
- Family first - Taking time off to rest, relax and rejuvenate is important. Non-Exempt employees accrue Paid Time off (PTO), which combines vacation and sick time together so you have more control over when and how to spend time off. Exempt employees are eligible for Discretionary Time Off (DTO), which allows you to take time off as needed.
- Employee discounts - As Shutterfly, Inc. employees, we experience the power of our brands every day and are in the best position to be an advocate for our amazing products and services. Every six months, we give each employee unique discount codes worth over $2,500 in free merchandise and huge discounts products across our entire family of brands. Your gift-giving for every occasion just got way easier.
- Celebrations - Our mission is to help customers celebrate and share life's joy. We balance hard work and play to foster team building and strengthen our connections to each other. We host a Family Photo Day where all of our employees and their families can get a professional photo taken for free along with other activities. From holiday parties, to summer celebrations, to team offsites, we have a great time and enjoy creating memories together.
- The little things - Our break rooms are stocked with complimentary goodies such as gourmet coffees, sodas, sparkling water, and more (offerings vary by location). We also provide free healthy snacks such as fresh fruits, trail mix, cereals, pretzels and nuts. Commuters can be reimbursed for mass transit costs or participate in carpool programs, depending on location. We also provide several onsite services, such as drycleaning and car detailing.
- We make a difference
- We are warm, inclusive, and collaborative
- We believe in people
- We drive growth through innovation
- We inspire customers
- We cultivate long-term customer relationships
- We act as owners
- We debate important decisions, then fully commit
- We invest for the long-term while delivering results today