At Guild, we believe talent is everywhere and that opportunity should be too. We continue to have our home and headquarters in Denver, but we have embraced a distributed model of working to reach the best talent in the United States. While some roles may require proximity to our Denver office, roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 28 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
At Guild, we uphold our Core Values in everything we do. Our team emphasizes our Core Values in the following ways:
- Nurture A Learner’s Mindset -using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and development areas
- Build Shared Success - building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Be an Owner - holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Create Belonging - recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to our company
Guild is hiring a Senior Manager of Member Engagement. Senior Managers serve as a critical connection point between senior department leaders, Member Support, Member Administration, Member Resolution, Enablement, Career & Growth Coaching, Marketing, Data Science, and Client Services. Successful Senior Managers will be responsible for encouraging a healthy team culture, building hard-working teams, developing excellent managers, and contributing to Member Engagement team operations and strategy. This position is a contact center role. Operating primarily on a 3-6 month planning horizon, Senior Managers are expected to use data, empower teams, own short-term goal setting and accountability, and manage change in the pursuit of delivering a world-class student experience.
As a Senior Manager of Member Engagement, you will:
- Nurture and Reinforce Healthy Team Culture
- Build and nurture a culture continuously improving on inclusivity, celebrating the team, developing employees, and driving student impact
- Provide consistent, strong communication on department-wide vision and messaging to your team, ensuring that they understand how their work impacts students and company goals
- Implement processes and frameworks that support the business function
- Create An Environment of Consistent Dedication and Optimal Results
- Develop and maintain an environment passionate about delivering a world-class experience for students/members
- Set clear goals for Managers, and surface trends to inform the department project prioritization
- Leverage coaching quality and operational performance data to surface trends and maintain a culture of continuous improvement
- Build performance management systems for your teams, ensuring they consistently meet or exceed goals, and that outliers receive active performance management
- Proactively manage the performance of your Managers, including promotions, compensation changes, performance management, and terminations in compliance with Guild policies and procedures, including those policies governing compliance with the federal ban on incentive compensation
- Develop and Grow World-Class Team and Technology Alignment:
- Provide opportunities for your team members to grow by understanding and applying their strengths, acknowledging positive behaviors, and giving a clear line of sight to career advancement opportunities
- Foster a culture of encouraging productive feedback (and feedback loops) by demonstrating the ability to give clear feedback and hold someone accountable for achieving specific results while remaining empathetic and approachable
- Support the day-to-day operations of your teams, leading team meetings, directly handling student/personnel situations that arise, and raising issues through relevant channels as necessary
- Partner with training to continually improve team capability gaps, and collaborate to develop effective solutions
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Experience managing managers on operational teams in a high-volume dedicated environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage change and communicate effectively
- Track record of impacting Quality Assurance through operational rigor
- Experience impacting metrics through behavioral-based coaching
- Comfortable holding individuals and teams accountable to performance measurements and expectations
- Proven track record of supporting managers to de-escalate client/B2B customer resolution
- Track record of developing and promoting other Managers/Supervisors/Team Leaders
- Experience in a blended inbound / outbound call center environment
- ICMI (International Call Center Management Institute), CCW (Call Center Weekly), or COPC Certifications preferred
- Strong understanding of higher learning enrollment procedures. Project Management trained and/or Six Sigma Certified in Lean Operations
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $110,000 - $132,500, as well as company stock options. We are committed to providing opportunities that align with our larger company strategy of Career Mobility. We believe that skills are transferable and value candidates that have a passion for our mission and a learner’s mindset. If you don’t have 100% of the qualifications but can see yourself doing a great job, we invite you to apply.
At Guild, we unlock the talent and economic potential of America’s workforce for employees and their companies. We partner with the nation’s largest employers—including Walmart, Chipotle, Discover, Hilton, Macy’s, Target, and The Walt Disney Company—to create cultures of opportunity that help them attract and retain top talent, while building the workforce of the future from within. By using our proprietary Career Opportunity Platform to develop education and learning programs that work in the real-world, thousands of employees at those companies have gained the skills, knowledge, and guidance they need to build a brighter future for themselves and their families—all without paying for tuition or career services on their own.
Guild is female-founded and a certified B Corp. The company has been named to the TIME100 Most Influential Companies of 2022 list, CNBC Disruptor50 list three years in a row, Inc. Best Led Companies list, Fast Co. World Changing Ideas list and the B Lab Best for the World list among many others.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- Open vacation policy for employees to rest and recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 12 weeks of parental leave for non-birthing parents and 18-20 weeks for birthing parents; 4-week ramp-up period for when employees return from a leave of 6 weeks or more; as well as employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, fertility and caregiving benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including free and low cost mental health resources and financial wellbeing support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. As of February 1, 2022, we will be expanding our in-person vaccination requirement to include booster shots. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.