Sr. Quality Engineer
Posted on 3/31/2023
Normal, IL, USA
- Engineering, Quality, Business, or Technical Bachelor-Degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ year's experience in manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
- High proficiency in computer technology and systems operations
- APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) experience
- 8D or similar method problem solving experience
- Manufacturing/assembly process experience
- High proficiency with DFMEA, PFMEA, and control plans
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Statistical process control / control charts
- Good electronic communication software skills (MS Office, Minitab, email, etc.)
- 6 Sigma greenbelt or blackbelt desired
- Ability to stand, sit stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Use hands and arms to complete tasks
- Ability to lift/move 25 lb
- Steer the problem-solving process for the factory
- Track and follow up on key issues
- Report and be able to prioritize key issues
- Develop methods to continuously improve product and process quality
- Improve product/process quality by defining/implementing recommendations for change
- Work together with relevant teams and departments to improve products/process
- Ensure products/process adhere to company and industry quality standards
- Brainstorm and drive ideas to create solutions for identified problems
- Monitor and steer systematic problems through operations system (Rivian Concern System)
- Formulate a strategic plan to increase productivity in the business
- Document results and findings after inspections are carried out
- Implement a working system to ensure conformity and accuracy in the production process
- Lead cross functional problem solving teams
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team