At Major League Baseball, we continue to pioneer new innovations across media and technology and strive to create the best experience in sports and entertainment. In the Media Technology department, we are looking for an exceptional teammate to join our incredibly fast-paced environment. Focused on streaming media, we want to create and enhance our constantly growing profile of video apps, partners and digital initiatives all across the globe.
- Deep technical experience with digital video technologies
- Excellent understanding of compressed video/audio codecs and containers for HTTP delivery
- Highly proficient with HLS and/or DASH. SRT and RTMP. RTP/UDP and various SMPTE standards
- Skilled in working with mezzanine codecs and their relationship to bandwidth sensitive environments
- History with or knowledgeable about Unix shells and scripting
- Ability to recognize and troubleshoot issues inside software applications and infrastructure environments
- Great organizational skills; must be able to track large scale projects and keep multiple teams updated on status
- Experience with a cloud provider. Prefer GCP and AWS
- Knowledgeable about network protocols, e.g. TCP/UDP, RTP, etc.
- Experience with Elemental appliances and services
- Experience with CDN configurations and Varnish Cache
- Working knowledge of Virtual Reality (VR) encoding techniques
- A love for Raspberry Pis
Major League Baseball (MLB) is the most historic of the major professional sports leagues in the United States and Canada. Employees love working at MLB because of the culture of growth, teamwork, and professionalism. Employees who are most successful at MLB take initiative, know how to identify problems and provide solutions, and always put the Team first. For those ready to step up to the plate and join the Major Leagues, MLB takes the same approach as teams do with their players: empowering our “workforce athletes” to be at their best by engineering experiences that put employees in the best position to succeed. Major League Baseball is looking for candidates who are passionate about growing America’s pastime to best serve its fans for decades to come.
MLB’s vision is to be the global sport of choice for youth to play, fans of all backgrounds to enjoy and a desired destination for employment. With a belief that the journey to growth and greatness is ongoing, MLB gives employees the opportunity to continue learning and honing their skills with programs such as: tuition reimbursement; mentorship programs; lunch and learns; online course subscriptions; paid industry certifications; business resource groups; and more.
MLB provides its employees with exceptional medical, dental, and vision coverage. Premiums are 100% employer covered to help employees focus on being their best!
Per the state of CA pay transparency law, the hiring range for this position is $90,000 to $130,000.
As a candidate for this position, your salary and related elements of compensation will be contingent upon your work experience, education, skills and any other factors Major League Baseball (MLB) considers relevant to the hiring decision. In addition to your salary, MLB believes in providing a competitive compensation and benefits package for its employees. MLB offers employees a full range of best in class benefits with no employee contributions towards medical, dental, and vision coverage premiums, as well as incentive and recognition programs, life insurance and automatic employer 401k contributions. All benefits are subject to eligibility requirements and the terms of official plan documents which may be modified or amended from time to time.
Are you ready to Step Up to the Plate? Apply below!