As humans, there are few things more exciting than meeting someone new. At Tinder, we’re inspired by the challenge of keeping the magic of human connection alive. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2+ billion swipes per day, 20+ million matches per day, and a presence in 190+ countries, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
We work together to solve complex problems. Behind the simplicity of every match, we think deeply about human relationships, behavioral science, network economics, AI and ML, online and real-world safety, cultural nuances, loneliness, love, sex, and more.
• Member Safety: Our top priority is to build an authentic, equitable, and respectful community
• Diversity: We strive to build a workplace that reflects the rich diversity of our members
• Authenticity + Collaboration: We encourage authenticity to nurture a trustworthy, collaborative environment
• Big Ideas: We champion and rally behind big ideas, empowering people to to think and act differently and to be unafraid of having a strong point of view
• Innovation: We never stand still; we’re inspired to build for what’s next, and we must constantly innovate, experiment, and learn
As an iOS engineer at Tinder, you will have an outsized impact and ownership of the most visible aspects of the Tinder App. We are deeply invested in challenging norms, constantly improving architecture design, exploring emergent tech and ideas, and leveraging new technologies in interesting ways to deliver an app that is widely known the world over.
This is a hybrid role and requires in-office collaboration twice per week. This position is located in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and/or Palo Alto, CA.
In this role, you will:
- Contribute to the architecture, design and implementation of consumer facing features in the Tinder App
- Build compelling in-app experiences that will reach millions of users globally
- Collaborate with engineers cross-functionally as well as the product and design team(s) to influence the roadmap and product development of Tinder’s App and services
- Contribute to internal shared frameworks and libraries
- Shape the future of optimized analytics at Tinder from the ground up with innovative data tools for the analytics and data science team(s)
- Evolve Tinder’s architecture to support multiple authentication flows and account management
- Mentor, collaborate, and learn from innovative and passionate team members
- 3+ years of experience building consumer facing applications with native iOS
- Full life cycle experience building applications in Swift
- Proficient in Swift concepts (structs, optionals, generics etc.)
- Experience building user-facing features with autolayout Familiar with popular architecture patterns such as MVVM / Clean and their uses
- Knowledge of iOS memory management and protocol-oriented programming
- Experience building and testing large-scale iOS apps and/or codebases
- Proficiency writing your own unit tests
- Clear and solutions oriented communication style with a passion for code quality
- Willingness to work collaboratively in an Agile environment (scrum, planning poker, standup, etc.)
Nice to have:
- Experience with building public APIs and mobile SDK’s
- Knowledge of native iOS frameworks like URL Session, Core Data and Core Animation.
- Comfortable working with legacy code and improving it
- Experience communicating and implementing effective, solutions oriented improvements
- Familiar with implementing In-App Purchases, StoreKit or implementing premium features in an iOS app
- Experience collaborating with a small team while working independently within a cross-functional organization
- A BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering is amazing but not required; proficiency in modern iOS technologies and principles is what matters most
As a full time employee, you’ll enjoy:
- Unlimited PTO (with no waiting period), 10 annual Wellness Days
- Time off to volunteer and charitable donations matched up to $15,000 annually
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental coverage
- 100% 401(k) employer match up to 10%
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- 100% paid parental leave (including for non-birthing parents) and family forming benefits
- Investment in your development: mentorship through our MentorMatch program, access to 6,000+ online courses through Udemy, and an annual $3,000 stipend for your professional development
- Investment in your wellness: access to mental health support via Modern Health, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance, fitness membership subsidy, and commuter subsidy
- $500 work-from-home stipend to set you up for remote work
- Free subscription to Tinder Gold
The salary range for this position is $160,000 - $185,000. Factors such as scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education/training, job-related skills, internal peer equity, as well as market and business considerations may influence base pay offered. This salary range is reflective of a position based in Palo Alto, California. This salary will be subject to a geographic adjustment (according to a specific city and state), if an authorization is granted to work outside of the location listed in this posting.
Commitment to Inclusion
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference, we celebrate it. We strive to build a workplace that reflects the rich diversity of our members around the world, and we value unique perspectives and backgrounds. Even if you don’t meet all the listed qualifications, we invite you to apply and show us how your skills could transfer. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome people of all sexes, gender identities, races, ethnicities, disabilities, and other lived experiences. Learn more here: https://www.lifeattinder.com/dei