Posted on 7/13/2022
Data Structures & Algorithms
- Focus the management of technical integrations and relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Develop, implement, and maintain site/software engineering standards and policies
- Play a highly collaborative role between the senior engineering leadership and the supporting engineers in defining long-term organizational site/software strategies and roadmaps
- Provide support and leadership to development departments, facilitating continuous evolution in both the frontend and backend development teams
- Hands-on approach - lead by example. Contribute to high level design, feature development, code reviews which drive specific company charters
- Grow and mentor your team
- A master's degree (Phd preferred) in Computer Science or any other relevant field
- 10+ years of working experience in a senior development engineering department required, preferably as a Head of Engineering
- Previous experience as a Senior Frontend Developer, or Lead Backend Developer
- A good understanding of distributed systems in practice, as well as performance and scalability
- Strong knowledge of software design patterns, OOP, and computer science fundamentals
- Technical breadth to help architect and provide feedback across the organization
- A good understanding of data structures to provide analytical problem solving
- Knowledge in Agile/Kanban/lean software development, Jira, Git, testing and maintaining production code
- Possess exceptional communication skills both in written and in verbal form
- Possess outstanding technological skills and demonstrated computer skills
- Be result oriented, be highly organized and responsive, be highly analytical and procedural, be a creative and strategic thinker, and he will have an ability to work on multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
- Be a likable and relatable person who is able to make meaningful and lasting connections with others
- Have people skills that will inspire trust and confidence in others who will then readily follow in his insights and directives
- Lead and manage key activities in the development departments inclusive of reliability engineering and process automation in support of daily site/software development projects
- Oversee all activities of the staff, builds reliability-engineering capabilities, manages the departmental operating budget, and supports any budget development for site/software investment projects
- Mentor to key development personnel, assisting in the execution of duties upon request, and readying these key personnel for the occupation of this position
With their unique ability to see all aspects of patients' lives, Heal will improve health outcomes, strengthen provider-patient relationships, and make primary healthcare affordable and accessible, because everyone deserves to Heal.
- Work from home remote opportunities
- Three weeks paid vacation
- Employer paid comprehensive health plans
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k)
- Six weeks parental leave
- FSA plans and employer paid
- Short Term Disability
- Relationship-Focused - We practice what we preach. Seamless communication comes from building healthy and trustworthy relationships with our teammates and patients.
- Patient-First - Our patients give us purpose. Patient-care, repairing the healthcare system, and providing an improved quality of life to all is our aspiration.
- Do The Right Thing - We are open, honest and act with integrity in every situation. We prioritize the safety of all the personal information and data across our platform.
- Innovation-Infused - We see beyond the horizon and believe in a brighter future through the power of technology. We always seek new solutions and are open to try new things.
- Empathy - Heal was born from the understanding of the need for comprehensive, quality, and convenient healthcare. Empathy is woven into the fabric of who we are as we demonstrate interest, care and concern for others.