Senior Data Engineer
Posted on 11/9/2022
San Francisco, CA, USA • Remote in USA • New York, NY, USA
Google Cloud Platform
Quality Assurance (QA)
- Help us optimize and elevate our Data Infrastructure by rolling out standard processes and common methodology across different data frameworks
- Develop tools that support data driven decisions and allow our teams to access and prepare data sets and reports easily and reliably
- Define and implement Dev and QA environments for data warehouse and other data stores
- Own environment availability and reliability, and navigate complex challenges related to healthcare data privacy
- Thrive in a collaborative face-paced environment where data expertise and responsibility are shared with teammates across disciplines
- 4+ years experience as an infrastructure engineer designing and deploying data systems
- Experience designing and maintaining tools that support ETL/ELT pipelines and downstream business use cases of data
- Working knowledge configuring databases/data warehouses to have optimal performance, reliability, and fault tolerance
- Experience implementing and maintaining development workflows that enhance data engineer development velocity
- Solid knowledge of Cloud Infrastructure defined as code with a tool like Terraform
- Experience deploying applications on Kubernetes
- Deep understanding of Composer/Airflow or other job orchestrator tools
- Overall understanding of data security and privacy best practices
- Clear project management and prioritization skills
- Point of view regarding data infrastructure and data platform best practices
- Drive future product and engineering decisions to deliver great data systems
- Understanding of DBT as the primary data transformation tool for the entire data warehouse
- Experience with Looker from a platform perspective
- Recent Experience in GCP
- Familiarity with Helm
- Experience building CI/CD workflows in Gitlab
- Experience with managing SQL databases, particularly data administrative tasks with DDL
- Background in a healthcare-related or other regulated field
- Experience in a startup environment
Maven Clinic's mission is to change the health of the world — one woman, one family at a time. They believe by improving care for women and families, they can build a more equitable healthcare system and a better world for all.
- Unlimited paid time off
- 14 weeks fully paid parental leave and return-to-work plan
- Market-based compensation and equity
- Medical, dental, and vision plans (100% covered options)
- Free membership with One Medical
- Free access to Maven, with credits for friends and family
- 401(k) match
- Paid month-long sabbatical after 5 years
Company Core Values
- Keep healthcare human - Meet people where they are with empathy and compassion.
- Walk through walls - Think big, set ambitious goals, and relentlessly pursue impact.
- Embrace a service mindset - Go the extra mile in support of our members, providers, clients, and each other.
- Lead with data - Follow the numbers to make good decisions, iterate, and track outcomes.
- Continuously learn, including about ourselves - Be humble and seek diverse perspectives.
- Move fast—better care can't wait - Demonstrate urgency to make an impact on behalf of families everywhere.